From: ········@nuecho.com
Subject: [Ann] Next meeting of the MSLUG
The next meeting of the Montreal Scheme/Lisp User Group
will be held on Wednesday, June 15th 2005.

Speaker: Danny Dub�, Laval University
Subject: Scheme implementations for embedded systems

We will present two implementations of the Scheme language for the
generation of small executables to be used in micro-controllers: BIT
and PICBIT. Although Scheme is a high level language, its small
specification (semantics and library) allows the generation of small
executables, making it a realistic choice for the development of
embedded programs. Both implementations share a number of features,
but they differ in the type of compacity they provide. We show that
using BIT, an almost complete subset of the Scheme standard library
can fit in less than 6Kb, and that using PICBIT, non-trivial
applications can run on machines with at most 2Kb of RAM. We will demo
some electronic devices programmed in Scheme using our systems. Marc
Feeley collaborated on this effort.

For more information, visit:

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~boucherd/mslug/mslug-home-en.html

Dominique Boucher