From: Jim Spriggs
Subject: Q on make-point in Paul Graham's "ANSI Common Lisp"
In the code on pages 153 and 156 of Paul Graham's "ANSI Common Lisp" is
a function "make-point".  Is this a part of Common Lisp?  If not how can
it be implemented?

Tia.

From: Ulrich Hobelmann
Subject: Re: Q on make-point in Paul Graham's "ANSI Common Lisp"
Jim Spriggs wrote:
> In the code on pages 153 and 156 of Paul Graham's "ANSI Common Lisp" is
> a function "make-point".  Is this a part of Common Lisp?  If not how can
> it be implemented?

I don't have ANSI CL, so I don't know what it does.  If it's a
struct with an x and y value, you could define
(defstruct point x y)

and then do (make-point :y 20 :x 10) and get the values like this:
(point-x point).

HTH

--
Don't let school interfere with your education. -- Mark Twain
From: Matthias Buelow
Jim Spriggs wrote:

> In the code on pages 153 and 156 of Paul Graham's "ANSI Common Lisp" is
> a function "make-point".  Is this a part of Common Lisp?  If not how can
> it be implemented?

It is generated by the defstruct macro, when he defines the structure
"point".

mkb.
From: Jim Spriggs
Matthias Buelow wrote:

> Jim Spriggs wrote:
>
> > In the code on pages 153 and 156 of Paul Graham's "ANSI Common Lisp" is
> > a function "make-point".  Is this a part of Common Lisp?  If not how can
> > it be implemented?
>
> It is generated by the defstruct macro, when he defines the structure
> "point".

Thank you.  I hadn't understood what defstruct did.