From: ·········@yahoo.com
Subject: Wrap it all (CLisp) in one exe file on Windows
Hi,

I use CLisp on my Windows system at work. Given a task to create some
utility for  the members of my team to use can I regard CLisp as a
viable tool?
I mean I can easily write some prog on Visual C++ with only one exe as
a product and I'd be an easy way to distribute it around the team. With
CLisp it's much more complicated.
On my local machine I can run CLisp scripts by having a line:
C:\clisp-2.33.1\full\lisp.exe -B "C:\clisp-2.33.1\full" -M
"C:\clisp-2.33.1\full\lispinit.mem" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 in my
clisp.bat and it's associated with *.lisp files on the system. I'm not
sure if the users of my utility would all create such an assoc on their
machines (Most of them are of completely windows origin and would
consider it as some Linux hack :)
If I throw in some graphical library (ltk or GTK-server) things get
even more complicated as I now have to redistribute all the necessary
binaries for the graphical environment.
Is there a tool that can help me wrap it in one windows exe file?
If this tool doesn't exist does it mean that I can solve my task with a
different approach?

Thanks a lot!
Andrew

From: Bulent Murtezaoglu
Subject: Re: Wrap it all (CLisp) in one exe file on Windows

    astebakov> ...  Is there a tool that can help me wrap it
    astebakov> in one windows exe file?  If this tool doesn't exist
    astebakov> does it mean that I can solve my task with a different
    astebakov> approach?

If running installers is acceptable, you can turn all that into a
single executable installer.  I use (I think on Edi Weitz's
recommendation) inno setup:

http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

(it is free).

BM
From: MIchael J. Ferrador
Subject: Fear of install commitment, cygwin, unionfs, NTFS junctions ? Re: Wrap it all (CLisp) in one exe file on Windows
"Bulent Murtezaoglu" <··@acm.org> wrote in message
···················@p4.internal...

> a> ...  Is there a tool that can help me wrap it
> a> in one windows exe file?  If this tool doesn't exist
> a> does it mean that I can solve my task with a different
> a> approach?
>
> If running installers is acceptable, you can turn all that into a
> single executable installer.  I use (I think on Edi Weitz's
> recommendation) inno setup:
>
> http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

I've used that, or how about the CygWin * installer...
http://www.cygwin.com/ Oh wait :-)

> a> would consider it as some Linux hack :)

I did not get a chance to try OSX Lispbox for "Pratical Common Lisp"
because i have several CLs installed on all my machines. But if there really
is an fear of install commitment... (besides LiveCDs) I wonder if the union
filesystem has a future ? (depending on CD speed/cache + working set
-vs- RAM)

It seems to be in OS/X but I wasn't sure if it was a Mach or BSD thing.
I first saw it in Plan 9. But then Gentoo's sys-fs/unionfs points to here

http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/project-unionfs.html

But anything like it comming for NTFS/windows ? junctions ??
But you still have to deal with the Registry...

---

* Actually I've been wanting to re-install CygWin, (upgraded HD,
diff SID ? tried to modify this procedure -
- http://sean-janus.optionpc.com/move-dirs.html ) but wishing for
an export/import mirror & package selections feature/procedure
From: lin8080
·········@yahoo.com schrieb:

> On my local machine I can run CLisp scripts by having a line:
> C:\clisp-2.33.1\full\lisp.exe -B "C:\clisp-2.33.1\full" -M
> "C:\clisp-2.33.1\full\lispinit.mem" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 in my
> clisp.bat and it's associated with *.lisp files on the system. I'm not
> sure if the users of my utility would all create such an assoc on their
> machines (Most of them are of completely windows origin and would
> consider it as some Linux hack :)

Hallo

There is clisp 2.33.83 out there. Comes with install.bat and clisp.exe.
Works fine for me on a w98 box. (no ltk, gtk, emacs or ... in use)

<http://clisp.cons.org/>
<http://www.clisp.org/>
<http://www.gnu.org/software/clisp/>
<http://clisp.sourceforge.net/>
From: André Thieme
·········@yahoo.com schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I use CLisp on my Windows system at work. Given a task to create some
> utility for  the members of my team to use can I regard CLisp as a
> viable tool?
> I mean I can easily write some prog on Visual C++ with only one exe as
> a product and I'd be an easy way to distribute it around the team. With
> CLisp it's much more complicated.
> On my local machine I can run CLisp scripts by having a line:
> C:\clisp-2.33.1\full\lisp.exe -B "C:\clisp-2.33.1\full" -M
> "C:\clisp-2.33.1\full\lispinit.mem" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 in my
> clisp.bat and it's associated with *.lisp files on the system. I'm not
> sure if the users of my utility would all create such an assoc on their
> machines (Most of them are of completely windows origin and would
> consider it as some Linux hack :)
> If I throw in some graphical library (ltk or GTK-server) things get
> even more complicated as I now have to redistribute all the necessary
> binaries for the graphical environment.
> Is there a tool that can help me wrap it in one windows exe file?
> If this tool doesn't exist does it mean that I can solve my task with a
> different approach?

If it is possible get one of the commercial Lisps, like Lispworks,
Corman Lisp or Allegro.

Andr�