From: Heow
Subject: Summer of Code - Project Proposal and Mentor Request
This summer, Google is offering to sponsor 200 Open Source projects for
$5000.00 each.  Essentially, Mentoring Organizations offer up ideas and
students implement them, the two get together and off they go.
Assuming that the project goes well,the student picks up $4500.00, the
mentor $500 and a summers worth of headway has been made on another
great project.  (  see http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html )

By luck or curse, LispNYC has become a Mentoring Organization and we'd
like to extend that privilege to the greater Lisp and Scheme community.

Right now we're culling out the initial project ideas and are focused
on collecting well-formed proposals that reflect the needs of the
community and are within the scope of a summer's worth of work for a
student.

I'd like to invite you to take part in this project, either by offering
well-formed project ideas or mentoring services (mentors will, of
course receive the fee) so that early next week we'll be in shape to
actively seek and process summer student applicants.

Please visit:

    http://www.lispnyc.org/summerofcode.html

If you're interested in applying as a summer student for one of the
positions, we beg you to wait until early next week as there will be
many more opportunities for you then.

Thank you,

- Heow Eide-Goodman
  LispNYC.org