From: Joel Reymont
Subject: UFFI and calling Lisp functions from foreign code
Folks,

I could not figure this out from the UFFI docs...

Does UFFI support calling Lisp code from foreign functions?

     Thanks, Joel

From: Kenny Tilton
Joel Reymont wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I could not figure this out from the UFFI docs...
>
> Does UFFI support calling Lisp code from foreign functions?

What is your platform? I added callbacks to UFFI for a couple. Someone
is adding more as part of one of the Google Summer of Code project I am
mentoring. Maybe they have gotten to yours if I had not.

--
Kenny

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state
I finally won out over it."
     Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey", 1950
From: R. Mattes
On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 06:28:29 -0700, Joel Reymont wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I could not figure this out from the UFFI docs...
>
> Does UFFI support calling Lisp code from foreign functions?

No.

 Ralf Mattes

From: Edi Weitz
On 28 Jul 2005 06:28:29 -0700, "Joel Reymont" <······@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does UFFI support calling Lisp code from foreign functions?

As Ralf already said, no.  But there's a fork of UFFI that's supposed
to do that and it's called "Hello-C" - Google returns this page:

  <http://www.alphageeksinc.com/cgi-bin/lispnyc.cgi?HelloC>

I think the code itself is hidden within one of the Cell[something]
projects.  Kenny Tilton should know the details.

Cheers,
Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Joel Reymont
Kenny,

My platform is LispWorks and it does have the callbacks so I guess I'll
just start with the LW FFI.

    Thanks everyone!
From: ·············@hotmail.com