From: Nikhil Ketkar
Subject: If speed is the only concern  (code non-numerical ) which lisp to use?
I have to compare some graph isomorphism and subgraph isomorphism
algorithms.
Both of these are time consuming (the later being np-complete). There
is no numerical processing. Memory is no concern. Which lisp should I
use ?
My choices are CMUCL, SBCL, ECL and CLISP
(just enlisting CLISP! I know this is a bad choice)

From: Eric Lavigne
>I have to compare some graph isomorphism and subgraph isomorphism
>algorithms.
>Both of these are time consuming (the later being np-complete). There
>is no numerical processing. Memory is no concern. Which lisp should I
>use ?
>My choices are CMUCL, SBCL, ECL and CLISP
>(just enlisting CLISP! I know this is a bad choice)

If you can write all your code in ANSI Common Lisp (no
compiler-specific extensions), then why choose the compiler now? Pick
whichever is most convenient for now, and later you can test which runs
your code the fastest.
From: Peter Scott
Who says Nikhail is picking the compiler prematurely? Perhaps he's
already written some code and now wants to find out the fastest way to
run it. Or maybe not; either way, giving information about the
different compilers would be helpful.

I would recommend either CMUCL or SBCL. I think CMUCL is generally
slightly faster, but there isn't a lot of difference.

-Peter