From: Tron3k
Subject: Corman Lisp: problem with inferior-lisp mode
I'm running Corman Lisp 2.51 as an inferior Lisp process in EMacs, on
Windows XP.

The problem is that when I try to run my OpenGL program as a thread in
the Corman Lisp Console process, it doesn't work. It comes back from
CREATE-THREAD, as if it created the thread and everything is fine and
dandy, but my OpenGL window doesn't come up.

However, if I am just running the CLConsole.exe program by itself, and
I load my program into it and create its thread, it works fine.

So the question is, what's different when it is running as a process in
EMacs? I mean, you do see "CLConsole.exe" in the Task List when it is
running under EMacs, so you'd think it was an independent program
capable of creating its own windows and doing whatever it wants. But
something seems to be different, and I don't know what.

From: Pascal Costanza
Subject: Re: Corman Lisp: problem with inferior-lisp mode
Tron3k wrote:
> I'm running Corman Lisp 2.51 as an inferior Lisp process in EMacs, on
> Windows XP.

Corman Lisp has its own mailing list. It's likely that you will get more
and better responses over there.

Pascal

--
2nd European Lisp and Scheme Workshop
July 26 - Glasgow, Scotland - co-located with ECOOP 2005
From: Edi Weitz
On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 10:17:57 +0200, Pascal Costanza <··@p-cos.net> wrote:

> Corman Lisp has its own mailing list. It's likely that you will get
> more and better responses over there.

No more.  Unfortunately, it now has a web forum:

  <http://www.artofprogramming.com/>

As for CCL and inferior-lisp mode: I haven't ever used this
combination but maybe you have better luck with SLIME:

  <http://www.grumblesmurf.org/lisp/corman-slime>

I think this is integrated into SLIME CVS already but you'll need to
patch CCL as described there.

Cheers,
Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Thomas F. Burdick
Edi Weitz <········@agharta.de> writes:

> As for CCL and inferior-lisp mode: I haven't ever used this
> combination but maybe you have better luck with SLIME:

I guess this is not too terrible of an abbreviation, given the "Corman
Lisp" in the subject line, but still ... some of us read CCL as
meaning MCL (because the implementation lives in the CCL package, for
"Coral Common Lisp").  If you want to be a little less confusing to
Mac users, you might refer to Corman Common Lisp as just Corman.  If
not, I'm sure we'll manage.

--
           /|_     .-----------------------.
         ,'  .\  / | Free Mumia Abu-Jamal! |
From: Edi Weitz
On 16 Jul 2005 04:04:32 -0700, ···@conquest.OCF.Berkeley.EDU (Thomas F. Burdick) wrote:

> I guess this is not too terrible of an abbreviation, given the
> "Corman Lisp" in the subject line, but still ... some of us read CCL
> as meaning MCL (because the implementation lives in the CCL package,
> for "Coral Common Lisp").

Oops, I wasn't aware of that.  I'll try to stop calling Corman CCL.
I'm constantly using "AllegroCL" instead of "ACL" as well in order to
avoid other potential sources of confusion.

Cheers,
Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Tron3k
Pascal Costanza wrote:
> Tron3k wrote:
> > I'm running Corman Lisp 2.51 as an inferior Lisp process in EMacs, on
> > Windows XP.
>
> Corman Lisp has its own mailing list. It's likely that you will get more
> and better responses over there.
>

> Pascal

It has a website: www.artofprogramming.com. Unfortunately it's
something of a graveyard. ;) I posted a bug with TRUNCATE there about
half a year ago, and nobody's replied yet.
From: Luke Crook
I just tried running an OpenGL example through Slime on Corman, and
have experienced the same problem. The window appears but there does
not seem to be an OpenGL context.

-Luke