From: Joel Reymont
Subject: AllegroCache written on top of Berkeley DB?
Folks,

I was scratching my head over what AllegroCache was based on and
discovered a single mention of Berkeley DB. Can anyone confirm this?

    Thanks, Joel

From: Edi Weitz
Subject: Re: AllegroCache written on top of Berkeley DB?
On 13 Jul 2005 23:03:39 -0700, "Joel Reymont" <······@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was scratching my head over what AllegroCache was based on and
> discovered a single mention of Berkeley DB. Can anyone confirm this?

When Jas Aasman gave his talk about AllegroCache in Amsterdam[1] he
mentioned that they're switching their backend from Berkeley DB to a
pure Lisp solution.  Which is a good thing not only because it's Lisp
but also because Berkeley DB has rather steep prices.

Anyway, you'll get better info about AllegroCache if you ask Franz
Inc. directly.

Cheers,
Edi.

[1] <http://weitz.de/eclm2005/>

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Markus Fix
Joel Reymont wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I was scratching my head over what AllegroCache was based on and
> discovered a single mention of Berkeley DB. Can anyone confirm this?

The current alpha uses B-trees implemented in Common Lisp. Berkeley DB
was to restrictive for big databases (> 10 GB).

-fix