From: David L. Rager
Subject: Vstack as command line argument to OpenMCL
Hello All,

Thanks for all your helpin the past.

Another quick question: Do you know how to increase the value stack
space for OpenMCL?

Increasing the stack size via command prompt doesn't affect the value
stack space. Allocate_value_stack (or some name like it) doesn't seem to
be externed, so I can't call it once I start openmcl. I do increase the
value stack space when I spawn new processes, but I need to do it in the
original process too.

Thanks,
David
From: David Rager
Subject: Re: Vstack as command line argument to OpenMCL
Updates from OpenMCL people:

I think that CCL::ALLOCATE-VSTACK is probably a leftover from the old
scheduler.

There's no way to change the size of a thread's stacks after the thread's
been created; you can specify the vstack size (and temp/control stack sizes)
of a newly created thread with appropriate args to PROCESS-RUN-FUNCTION (or
MAKE-PROCESS.)

Those arguments default to the values of CCL::*DEFAULT-VALUE-STACK-SIZE*,
CCL::*DEFAULT-TEMP-STACK-SIZE*, and CCL::*DEFAULT-CONTROL-STACK-SIZE*