From: Pietro Campesato
Subject: Just an idea
Hi,
I was wondering how feasible would it be to make CL communicate with
.NET applications: more specifically I was thinking about making a
small GUI program (think dumb terminal here) receiving instructions
from a "Lisp server" (this could be done by converting S-Expressions
into XML.) Perhaps it is a dumb idea, but I would like to hear any
opinions about that.

Thanks.

From: Joe Marshall
Subject: Re: Just an idea
"Pietro Campesato" <················@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I was wondering how feasible would it be to make CL communicate with
> .NET applications: more specifically I was thinking about making a
> small GUI program (think dumb terminal here) receiving instructions
> from a "Lisp server" (this could be done by converting S-Expressions
> into XML.) Perhaps it is a dumb idea, but I would like to hear any
> opinions about that.
>
> Thanks.

Shouldn't be too hard.
From: Edi Weitz
On 7 Jul 2005 11:40:58 -0700, "Pietro Campesato" <················@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was wondering how feasible would it be to make CL communicate with
> .NET applications: more specifically I was thinking about making a
> small GUI program (think dumb terminal here) receiving instructions
> from a "Lisp server" (this could be done by converting S-Expressions
> into XML.) Perhaps it is a dumb idea, but I would like to hear any
> opinions about that.

Do you know these?

  <http://weitz.de/rdnzl/>
  <http://foil.sourceforge.net/>

Cheers,
Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Pietro Campesato
Wow, RDNZL even works with clisp!
Thanks.

PS: if anyone has any further suggestions, please keep posting.
From: Edi Weitz
On 7 Jul 2005 14:00:30 -0700, "Pietro Campesato" <················@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow, RDNZL even works with clisp!

Kind of.  See the note about issues with callbacks.  RDNZL currently
works best with LispWorks and AllegroCL.  Patches are welcome, as
always.

Cheers,
Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Pietro Campesato
Callbacks won't be a problem, as I can make the GUI frontend reply back
with some XML to the Lisp server when an event occurs. Easier said than
done, perhaps.