From: jonathon
Subject: SBCL save-core-and-die doesn't save all packages??
Hi all,

I googled and checked the manual but could not figure this one out.

I loaded araneida and some other packages and dumped an image.  But
this image does not seem to let me load asdf-install.  It just returns
NIL.  Aren't asdf and asdf-install part of the core functionality??

Jonathon

From: Christophe Rhodes
Subject: Re: SBCL save-core-and-die doesn't save all packages??
"jonathon" <···········@bigfoot.com> writes:

> I loaded araneida and some other packages and dumped an image.  But
> this image does not seem to let me load asdf-install.  It just returns
> NIL.  Aren't asdf and asdf-install part of the core functionality??

Are you sure asdf-install isn't present in the saved core?  If by
"returns NIL" you mean
  (require :asdf-install)
returns NIL, then that is what require must do if asdf-install is
already present.

Christophe
From: R. Mattes
On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:26:16 -0700, jonathon wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I googled and checked the manual but could not figure this one out.
>
> I loaded araneida and some other packages and dumped an image.  But
> this image does not seem to let me load asdf-install.  It just returns
> NIL.  Aren't asdf and asdf-install part of the core functionality??

What version of SBCL are you using? The asdf-install package requires
sb-bsd-sockets which dynamically loads an alien library
(sb-bsd-sockets/alien.so). Older versions of SBCL couldn't save images
that preserved the location of alien code.

 HTH Ralf Mattes

From: jonathon
R. Mattes wrote:
> What version of SBCL are you using? The asdf-install package requires
> sb-bsd-sockets which dynamically loads an alien library
> (sb-bsd-sockets/alien.so). Older versions of SBCL couldn't save images
> that preserved the location of alien code.

Ah, yes, I just got done reading that when I posted.  I forgot all
about the bsd socket library.

I'm running 0.8.17 or so on FreeBSD.  I'll have to ask the port
maintainer when the new one can be imported.

But you think that's more than likely the problem?