From: R. Mattes
Subject: CL RSS libraries?
Hello list,

in a recent weblog posting Rainer Joswig mentions "a very convenient
RSS2.0 library". Neither Cliki nor Google find any reference to a RSS-2.0
library for common lisp (and cl-rss only handles RSS-0.9).
Is there any public CL RSS-2.0 library or was Rainer referring to a
private library?

 Cheers Ralf Mattes

From: Peter Scott
Subject: Re: CL RSS libraries?
If you just want to generate RSS 2.0, I wrote a library called
xml-emitter a while back. It's very nice for generating
nicely-formatted XML, and it comes with some code for RSS 2.0
generation. If you have a basic grasp of RSS, you can figure out how to
use it in a few minutes.

See <http://www.cliki.net/xml-emitter> for more information. It's
public domain, so I doubt you'll have license problems.

-Peter
From: vedm
"R. Mattes" <··@mh-freiburg.de> writes:

> Hello list,
>
> in a recent weblog posting Rainer Joswig mentions "a very convenient
> RSS2.0 library". Neither Cliki nor Google find any reference to a RSS-2.0
> library for common lisp (and cl-rss only handles RSS-0.9).
> Is there any public CL RSS-2.0 library or was Rainer referring to a
> private library?

I do not know of any complete Lisp RSS library, although it shouldn't be
difficult to extend cl-rss so that it handles all RSS formats. But there
are many such libraries in other languages, e.g. Python or Java: I use
"ROME" (https://rome.dev.java.net), it does support all RSS formats and
also the atOM format.

--
vedm
From: Rainer Joswig
Am 03.07.2005 18:27 Uhr schrieb "R. Mattes" unter <··@mh-freiburg.de> in
·····························@mh-freiburg.de:

> Hello list,
>
> in a recent weblog posting Rainer Joswig mentions "a very convenient
> RSS2.0 library". Neither Cliki nor Google find any reference to a RSS-2.0
> library for common lisp (and cl-rss only handles RSS-0.9).
> Is there any public CL RSS-2.0 library or was Rainer referring to a
> private library?
>
>  Cheers Ralf Mattes

It is a little library for (and only for) CL-HTTP. Similar to its HTML
generating tools. If CL-HTTP users (!) are really interested, they should
contact me...
From: R. Mattes
On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 18:27:23 +0200, Rainer Joswig wrote:

> Am 03.07.2005 18:27 Uhr schrieb "R. Mattes" unter <··@mh-freiburg.de> in
> ·····························@mh-freiburg.de:
>
>> Hello list,
>>
>> in a recent weblog posting Rainer Joswig mentions "a very convenient
>> RSS2.0 library". Neither Cliki nor Google find any reference to a RSS-2.0
>> library for common lisp (and cl-rss only handles RSS-0.9).
>> Is there any public CL RSS-2.0 library or was Rainer referring to a
>> private library?
>>
>>  Cheers Ralf Mattes
>
> It is a little library for (and only for) CL-HTTP. Similar to its HTML
> generating tools. If CL-HTTP users (!) are really interested, they should
> contact me...

Ok, thank's for that info. Unfortunately i can't use cl-http in my current
projects (mostly due to license issues).

 Cheers Ralf Mattes