From: wikka
Subject: Is learning lisp good plan to money
As an average coder I 'd like to do something interesting but also make my
living + some extra.
Is there money in Lisp World?

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Is learning lisp good plan to money
"wikka" <········@oihjihi.com> writes:

> As an average coder I 'd like to do something interesting but also make my
> living + some extra.
> Is there money in Lisp World?

If you're making your own job, perhaps. Otherwise, no.

I'd say there's a lot more money to be made in the SAP world or in the
Business Object world, or in the Oracle world, etc.

The world will now reboot.  don't bother saving your artefacts.
From: Espen Vestre
Pascal Bourguignon <····@mouse-potato.com> writes:

> If you're making your own job, perhaps. Otherwise, no.

Well, there are some exceptions.

> I'd say there's a lot more money to be made in the SAP world or in the
> Business Object world, or in the Oracle world, etc.

I don't know what SAP coders get paid these days, and I'm not quite
sure if you mean "lot more money to be made" as the sum of all
salaries paid to employed programmers, the amount of money you can
harvest from starting your own consultant company doing endless
enterprise software integration projects, or simply the salary for a
top expert in each of these fields? The number of jobs in these fields
is of course much higher (but so is the number of applicants for each
position).
--
  (espen)