From: ayajiv
Subject: How do you count the processing time of a program written in Lisp?

From: jtdubs
Assuming you mean Common Lisp, you can wrap the form in (time ...).
So, for example, to time (+ 1 2 3), you could run (time (+ 1 2 3)).
http://www.lisp.org/HyperSpec/Body/mac_time.html

Justin Dubs
From: ayajiv
Subject: Re: How do you count the processing time of a program written in
From: Pascal Bourguignon
"ayajiv" <········@rediffmail.com> writes:

> I am implementing in Common Lisp. I want to monitor the time when a
> particular task is being performed, as soon as the time crosses a
> particular limit, the task should be ended and the next task on the agenda
> should be run. Please suggest me how I can achieve this.

This is not possible in a standard way.

What implementation are you using?

The implementations that have threads (called processes in lisp)
usually have a WITH-TIMEOUT macro.

neither do we. -- Georges W. Bush