From: John Landahl
Subject: 'On Lisp' for $140
Powells has a copy of 'On Lisp' for $140.  In "less than standard"
condition.

http://tinyurl.com/43ac8

I'll wait for the reprint.

From: Drew Krause
Subject: Re: 'On Lisp' for $140
John Landahl wrote:
> Powells has a copy of 'On Lisp' for $140.  In "less than standard"
> condition.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/43ac8
>
> I'll wait for the reprint.

Not sure that you even have to do that -- there was a freely available
pdf floating around somewhere on the 'net.
From: Frank Buss

http://www.paulgraham.com/onlisptext.html

--
Frank Bu�, ··@frank-buss.de
From: John Landahl
Drew Krause wrote:

> John Landahl wrote:
>> I'll wait for the reprint.
>>
> Not sure that you even have to do that -- there was a freely available
> pdf floating around somewhere on the 'net.

Indeed, and I'm reading it that way, but it would be nice to have a hardcopy
version.  For the same reason, I'll be getting PCL when it comes out.

- John
From: James Graves
John Landahl  <····@landahl.org> wrote:

>Indeed, and I'm reading it that way, but it would be nice to have a hardcopy
>version.  For the same reason, I'll be getting PCL when it comes out.

Yeah, I still like hardcopies too.  It isn't so bad with two 17" LCDs,
where I can open up some PDFs on one screen, and have my editor and run
windows on the other.

PCL is on my list too, but I haven't gotten around to actually
pre-ordering it though. (Sorry Peter.)

What we really need to do is to talk PG into writing a 2nd edition.  I'm
sure he's seen/done some neat stuff since On Lisp was previously
published.

James Graves
From: ············@reillyhayes.com
Two answers better than paying $140.

1) print to kinko's -  about $40 comb-bound.
2) Wait till Apress reissues ---
http://lispmeister.com/blog/lisp-news/on-lisp-news.html
From: Jeff
············@reillyhayes.com wrote:

> 2) Wait till Apress reissues ---
> http://lispmeister.com/blog/lisp-news/on-lisp-news.html

This is wonderful news!

Jeff M.

--
http://www.retrobyte.org
From: Kadir Solid Gold Suleyman
············@reillyhayes.com wrote:
> Two answers better than paying $140.
>
> 1) print to kinko's -  about $40 comb-bound.
> 2) Wait till Apress reissues ---

3) Print it at work.  Then it's free!  If they used lisp, the language
would be more popular and therefore On Lisp would be in print
continuously.  So, it's their own fault.

-SGS