From: Peter Seibel
Subject: Will trade bloopers for beer
For a variety of reasons including having one of my official technical
reviewers sidelined by health problems I'm in the end game of writing
_Practical Common Lisp_ with not quite enough technical reviewing
resources. We've got someone to take over the crucial 1st draft
reviews but given that we're really supposed to be done by the end of
this month it's not clear he's going to have time to also review my
2nd drafts. So while Apress does whatever they do to find official
reviewers, I'm trying to fill in on my own with this offer. I'll buy a
beer (or coffee or fancy bottled water, pick your poison) at the next
ILC (or whenever else we happen to end up in the same town) for anyone
who takes a serious look at one of the 2nd draft chapters represented
by a yellow box in the row labeled "Second tech review" in the chart
at:

  <http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/pipeline.html>

These drafts should be pretty clean from a technical and
organizational perspective but I'd like to have folks with Lisp chops
look them over to make sure I didn't introduce any bloopers in my 1st
draft to 2nd draft revisions. I can still do significant revisions
within a chapter if called for but there's not much chance that I'll
be able to move things between chapters since many chapters have
already gone to the compositor.

If you're interested in helping out, check the chart at the URL above
and pick a chapter. If you have comments about specific places in the
text the easiest way to convey them to me is to grab the "source" file
from:

  <http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/second-draft-source-files.html>

and insert \review{comments marked up like this} into the file and
send my your edited copy. I can diff it against the original and
incorporate your comments into my master copy. Feel free to fix
obvious typos; I'll see them in the diffs and accept them or not.
However don't worry to much about typos--these drafts haven't yet gone
through copy-edit. For this review I'm mostly interested in technical
inaccuracies or areas that you think will confuse the reader.

-Peter

From: Peter Seibel
Subject: Re: Will trade bloopers for beer
Peter Seibel <·····@javamonkey.com> writes:

> If you're interested in helping out, check the chart at the URL above
> and pick a chapter. If you have comments about specific places in the
> text the easiest way to convey them to me is to grab the "source" file
> from:
>
>   <http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/second-draft-source-files.html>

I've gotten some great feedback already but discovered (suprirse) that
my life will be easier if folks want to send me comments that they
edit the latest source. So I've changed the main page at:

  <http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/>

to include links to the "source" file corresponding to the current
HTML and PDFs. So if you're interested in helping out, grab the source
from there and edit *that*. (If you've already started with one of the
2nd draft files, don't worry about it--it's not a huge deal.)

-Peter