From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Practical Common Lisp
Every couple of days or so, I go to Amazon and check on this title, and
always, I see "This item has not yet been released".

Any scuttle-butt on a release date? Must be frustrating for the
writer.

As a non-lisp programmer, that book sure looks like a good way for
me to learn lisp.....

"Inquiring minds want to know ...."
--
Tim Johnson <···@johnsons-web.com>

From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Re: Practical Common Lisp
Tim Johnson wrote:
> Every couple of days or so, I go to Amazon and check on this title, and
> always, I see "This item has not yet been released".
>
> Any scuttle-butt on a release date? Must be frustrating for the
> writer.

Exhausting, anyway. It /is/ a big language. But he is on final approach.

> As a non-lisp programmer, that book sure looks like a good way for
> me to learn lisp.....

Tep.

> "Inquiring minds want to know ...."

Inquiring minds use google. :) The book is on-line in draft form.

kt

--
Cells? Cello? Celtik?: http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/
From: Tim Johnson
On 2005-01-18, Kenny Tilton <·······@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> Tim Johnson wrote:
>> Every couple of days or so, I go to Amazon and check on this title, and
>> always, I see "This item has not yet been released".
>>
>> Any scuttle-butt on a release date? Must be frustrating for the
>> writer.
>
> Exhausting, anyway. It /is/ a big language. But he is on final approach.

  From maturity comes *big*.
  Maturity is a *good* thing. I tell my clients.

>> As a non-lisp programmer, that book sure looks like a good way for
>> me to learn lisp.....
>
> Tep.
>

>> "Inquiring minds want to know ...."
>
> Inquiring minds use google. :)

   My favorite program....

> The book is on-line in draft form.

 Found. Re Peter's link previous reply.
 thanks
 tj

--
Tim Johnson <···@johnsons-web.com>
From: David Sletten
Kenny Tilton wrote:

> Exhausting, anyway. It /is/ a big language. But he is on final approach.

Ok, so here's my PCL "blurb":
Common Lisp is a big language. It takes a big man to write a book about
a big language. And that man is Peter "Big Pete" Seibel.

David Sletten
From: Peter Seibel
David Sletten <·····@slytobias.com> writes:

> Kenny Tilton wrote:
>

>> Exhausting, anyway. It /is/ a big language. But he is on final
>> approach.
>>

> Ok, so here's my PCL "blurb":
> Common Lisp is a big language. It takes a big man to write a book
> about a big language. And that man is Peter "Big Pete" Seibel.

;-)

-Peter

From: Peter Seibel
Tim Johnson <···@johnsons-web.com> writes:

> Every couple of days or so, I go to Amazon and check on this title, and
> always, I see "This item has not yet been released".
>
> Any scuttle-butt on a release date?

 <http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/pipeline.html>

-Peter