From: Peter Seibel
Subject: CROMA?
Just saw the Lemonodor entry about the kid in Ireland who won some
prize or another for his science project titled: CROMA: A New Dialect
of LISP. But I can't find any information on CROMA itself. I'm really
curious to see what he came up with. Doesn't this kid have a web site
somewhere? (All I've been able to find via Google is various web sites
with the same news squib about the prize.)

-Peter

From: David Sletten
Subject: Re: CROMA?
Peter Seibel wrote:

> Just saw the Lemonodor entry about the kid in Ireland who won some
> prize or another for his science project titled: CROMA: A New Dialect
> of LISP. But I can't find any information on CROMA itself. I'm really
> curious to see what he came up with. Doesn't this kid have a web site
> somewhere? (All I've been able to find via Google is various web sites
> with the same news squib about the prize.)
>
> -Peter

CROMA spelled backwards (if you squint) is ARC...
From: ·······@collison.ie
From: David Sletten
·······@collison.ie wrote:

> If you squint a little harder, it's MACRO.

Oh, shouldn't that be ACROMAY? :)

Congratulations on your win.

David Sletten
From: ·······@collison.ie
This kid does have a web-site (collison.ie), but it's in a hosting
quagmire at the moment, with nothing useful present. I e-mailed more
details to John Wiseman (see the post at lemonodor.com) before seeing
the post here, but I'll upload a more formal description soon. It's a
mish-mash of various ideas that seemed to make sense at the time, with
a focus on making web-development less complex.

Unfortunately, the European Young Scientist contest is on in Moscow in
September, and I've been cautioned by the organisers against saying too
much 'till then. I need to clarify rules, but Croma will be GPL'd
whenever possible (sooner rather than later).
I'll try to answer any questions here, though.

Patrick
From: Peter Seibel
·······@collison.ie writes:

> This kid does have a web-site (collison.ie), but it's in a hosting
> quagmire at the moment, with nothing useful present. I e-mailed more
> details to John Wiseman (see the post at lemonodor.com) before
> seeing the post here, but I'll upload a more formal description
> soon. It's a mish-mash of various ideas that seemed to make sense at
> the time, with a focus on making web-development less complex.
>
> Unfortunately, the European Young Scientist contest is on in Moscow
> in September, and I've been cautioned by the organisers against
> saying too much 'till then. I need to clarify rules, but Croma will
> be GPL'd whenever possible (sooner rather than later). I'll try to
> answer any questions here, though.

Right on.

-Peter