From: John Thingstad
Subject: Huygens lands on Titan
At 5 am EST huygens lands on Titan a moon of Sarturn.

From: John Connors
Subject: Re: Huygens lands on Titan
John Thingstad wrote:
> At 5 am EST huygens lands on Titan a moon of Sarturn.

Is it running Lisp :)

--
Cyborg Animation Programmer
http://yagc.blogspot.com
From: John Thingstad
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:08:17 +0000, John Connors
<·····@yagc.dot.ndo.dot.co.dot.uk> wrote:

> John Thingstad wrote:
>> At 5 am EST huygens lands on Titan a moon of Sarturn.
>>
> Is it running Lisp :)

It is running the mass spectrometer I desigend 10 years ago ;)

From: Artie Gold
John Thingstad wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:08:17 +0000, John Connors
> <·····@yagc.dot.ndo.dot.co.dot.uk> wrote:
>
>> John Thingstad wrote:
>>
>>> At 5 am EST huygens lands on Titan a moon of Sarturn.
>>>
>> Is it running Lisp :)
>>

> It is running the mass spectrometer I desigend 10 years ago ;)

What...they couldn't get anything *newer*? ;-)

Congrats.
--ag

--
Artie Gold -- Austin, Texas
http://www.cafepress.com/goldsays
From: Barry Margolin
In article <···············@individual.net>,
 Artie Gold <·········@austin.rr.com> wrote:

> John Thingstad wrote:
> > On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:08:17 +0000, John Connors
> > <·····@yagc.dot.ndo.dot.co.dot.uk> wrote:

> >> Is it running Lisp :)
> >>

> > It is running the mass spectrometer I desigend 10 years ago ;)
> >
> What...they couldn't get anything *newer*? ;-)

That's because it isn't running the time machine I designed 10 years
from now. :-)

--
Barry Margolin, ······@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA
From: Hannah Schroeter
Hello!

John Thingstad <··············@chello.no> wrote:
>On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:08:17 +0000, John Connors
><·····@yagc.dot.ndo.dot.co.dot.uk> wrote:

>> John Thingstad wrote:
>>> At 5 am EST huygens lands on Titan a moon of Sarturn.

>> Is it running Lisp :)

>It is running the mass spectrometer I desigend 10 years ago ;)

Haven't read many details, but... what I read sounded like a good
success. Yay for your mass spectrometer to be part of that.

Kind regards,

Hannah.
From: Paolo Amoroso
John Connors <·····@yagc.dot.ndo.dot.co.dot.uk> writes:

> John Thingstad wrote:
>> At 5 am EST huygens lands on Titan a moon of Sarturn.
>>
> Is it running Lisp :)

When Cassini-Huygens was launched back in 1997, I read in an ESA
publication that about 95% of the software was written in Ada, the
rest in assembly.  I don't know whether these figures referred to
Cassini, Huygens, or both.

Either way, hat's of to Ada--and, of course, to John.

Paolo
Recommended Common Lisp libraries/tools (see also http://clrfi.alu.org):
- ASDF/ASDF-INSTALL: system building/installation
- CL-PPCRE: regular expressions
- UFFI: Foreign Function Interface