From: Oyvin Halfdan Thuv
Subject: ecl and ltk
Has anyone here played with this combination?

I testing ltk 0.8.6 with ecl 0.9d, the testprogram runs like this:

> (load "ltk.lisp")
"ltk.lisp"
Top level.
> (ltk::ltktest)
proc escape {s} {regsub -all {\\} $s {\\\\} s1;regsub -all {"} $s1 {\"} s2;return $s2}
proc senddata {s} {puts "(:data [escape $s])";flush stdout}
proc senddatastring {s} {puts "(:data \"[escape $s]\")";flush stdout}
proc sendevent {s x y keycode char} {puts "(:event \"$s\" $x $y $keycode $char)"}
proc callback {s} {puts "(:callback \"$s\")";flush stdout}
proc callbackval {s val} {puts "(:callback \"$s\" $val)"}
proc callbackstring {s val} {puts "(:callback \"$s\" \"[escape $val]\")"}
frame NIL
frame NIL
label NIL -text {Rotation:}
.w2.w3.w4 configure -textvariable text_w4
Unknown initialization option COMMAND for class #<The STANDARD-CLASS BUTTON>
Broken at LAMBDA.
>> ^D

anyone got a clue? The standard "wish" windows shows up, so ext::run-program
seems to work. The call goes like this:

(ext::run-program program args :input :stream :output :stream :error :stream)

The ECL is compiled from the ecl-port in the portscollection on FreeBSD.

--
Oyvin

From: Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll
Subject: Re: ecl and ltk
Oyvin Halfdan Thuv wrote:
> Has anyone here played with this combination?
>
> I testing ltk 0.8.6 with ecl 0.9d, the testprogram runs like this:
>
>>(load "ltk.lisp")  [...]
> Unknown initialization option COMMAND for class #<The STANDARD-CLASS BUTTON>
> Broken at LAMBDA.
>
> anyone got a clue? The standard "wish" windows shows up, so ext::run-program
> seems to work.  [...]

LTK makes intensive use of CLOS and many fixes have been introduced to
the CLOS subsystem in ECL. You should either use the recently released
0.9e version, or wait until the port (probably soon) is updated.

Juanjo
From: Oyvin Halfdan Thuv
Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll <·········@yahoo.de> writes:

> Oyvin Halfdan Thuv wrote:
> > Has anyone here played with this combination?
> > I testing ltk 0.8.6 with ecl 0.9d, the testprogram runs like this:
> >
> >>(load "ltk.lisp")  [...]
> > Unknown initialization option COMMAND for class #<The STANDARD-CLASS BUTTON>
> > Broken at LAMBDA.
> > anyone got a clue? The standard "wish" windows shows up, so
> > ext::run-program
> > seems to work.  [...]
>
> LTK makes intensive use of CLOS and many fixes have been introduced to
> the CLOS subsystem in ECL. You should either use the recently released
> 0.9e version, or wait until the port (probably soon) is updated.

OK. Great. I'll wait for the port (the CVS-version doesn't compile "out
of the box" on FreeBSD).

--
Oyvin