From: Zia Mulla
Subject: How to indent a line adding a "\"
Hi all,

I am using TCL in EMACS. What I need right now is the ability to do newline
and indent on a line exceeding 80 characters in addition to adding a \.
e.g.

Suppose I type a line:
This is just an example for lisp in EMACS. This is an example for lisp in
EMACS. This is an example.

This line should be indented as follows:

This is just an example for lisp in EMACS. This is an example for lisp in \
    EMACS. This is an example.

I am not sure if this can be achieved using auto-fill-mode. Maybe someone
among you might be using this or have any idea.

Thanks
Zia
From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: How to indent a line adding a "\"
In article <·················@sj-nntpcache-3>,
 "Zia Mulla" <······@cisco.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using TCL in EMACS. What I need right now is the ability to do newline
> and indent on a line exceeding 80 characters in addition to adding a \.
> e.g.
>
> Suppose I type a line:
> This is just an example for lisp in EMACS. This is an example for lisp in
> EMACS. This is an example.
>
> This line should be indented as follows:
>
> This is just an example for lisp in EMACS. This is an example for lisp in \
>     EMACS. This is an example.
>
> I am not sure if this can be achieved using auto-fill-mode. Maybe someone
> among you might be using this or have any idea.
>
> Thanks
> Zia

Emacs questions should be posted to gnu.emacs.help and/or comp.emacs.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA