From: TLOlczyk
Subject: CMUCL, SBCL for Windows.
About six months ago, I remember reading that CMUCL and SBCL lisp were
both pretty fare along in being ported to Windows. I haven't heard
much since. Anyone know how the effort is going?

The reply-to email address is ··········@yahoo.com.
This is an address I ignore.
To reply via email, remove 2002 and change yahoo to
interaccess,

**
Thaddeus L. Olczyk, PhD

There is a difference between
*thinking* you know something,
and *knowing* you know something.

From: Paul  Walz
Subject: Re: CMUCL, SBCL for Windows.
From: Raymond Toy

    Paul> How come no one replied to this one. I can remember hunting down the
    Paul> CMUCL site a while back and not finding much visible progress. Does
    Paul> anyone have the inside scoop? I for one was looking forward to trying
    Paul> it out on Win32.

There was someone working on a windows port for SBCL.  In a parallel
and independent effort, a windows port for CMUCL is also in progress.
(The two didn't know of each other's efforts.)  I think good progress
is being made on the CMUCL version; I don't know the state of the SBCL
port.

I think both will get to a repl, but there are lots left to do before
they can be considered to be usable.

I'm not involved in any of these; this is just my possibly incorrect
understanding of the current state.

Ray
From: Rahul Jain
Raymond Toy <···········@ericsson.com> writes:

> There was someone working on a windows port for SBCL.  In a parallel
> and independent effort, a windows port for CMUCL is also in progress.
> (The two didn't know of each other's efforts.)

Make that "the three", because there are two parallel and independent
windows ports being made for CMUCL. :)

--
Rahul Jain
·····@nyct.net
From: Paul  Walz
Alright, thanks for the responses. :) I look forward to a usable port
of CMUCL and SBCL.