From: Peter Seibel
Subject: It's done!
Yesterday I turned in the final page proofs of the last four chapters
of _Practical Common Lisp_[1]. The book goes to the printer March 4th
and should be available at a bookstore near you on April 11th. I want
to thank the denizens of comp.lang.lisp for all your help. To quote
from the Acknowledgements section of the book:

  One of my most indispensable resources while working on the book was
  the newsgroup comp.lang.lisp. The comp.lang.lisp regulars answered
  what must have seemed to them an endless stream of questions about
  various aspects of Lisp and its history. I also turned frequently to
  the Google archives for the group, a treasure trove of technical
  expertise. So, thanks to Google for making them available and to all
  comp.lang.lisp participants past and present for providing the
  content. In particular, I'd like to recognize two long-time
  comp.lang.lisp contributors--Barry Margolin, who has been providing
  tidbits of Lisp history and his own brand of quiet wisdom for as
  long as I've been reading the group; and Kent Pitman, who, in
  addition to having been one of the principal technical editors of
  the language standard and the author of the Common Lisp HyperSpec,
  has written hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of words in
  comp.lang.lisp postings elucidating various aspects of the language
  and how it came to be.

So thanks.

-Peter

[1] <http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/>

--
Peter Seibel                                     ·····@gigamonkeys.com

From: Dave Roberts
Subject: Re: It's done!
Peter Seibel <·····@gigamonkeys.com> writes:

> Yesterday I turned in the final page proofs of the last four chapters
> of _Practical Common Lisp_[1]. The book goes to the printer March 4th
> and should be available at a bookstore near you on April 11th. I want

Congrats! Great job. Start exercising your hand for all the signings
you're going to have to do. I'll bring my yet-to-arrive paper copy to
the next Bay Area Lispniks meeting. ;-)

--
Dave Roberts
dave -remove- AT findinglisp DoT com
From: Pascal Bourguignon
Dave Roberts <···········@remove-findinglisp.com> writes:

> Peter Seibel <·····@gigamonkeys.com> writes:
>
> > Yesterday I turned in the final page proofs of the last four chapters
> > of _Practical Common Lisp_[1]. The book goes to the printer March 4th
> > and should be available at a bookstore near you on April 11th. I want
>
> Congrats! Great job. Start exercising your hand for all the signings
> you're going to have to do. I'll bring my yet-to-arrive paper copy to
> the next Bay Area Lispniks meeting. ;-)

I would not mind if Peter gave me a detached PGP signature of his book
instead (better if it includes the personalized dedication :-)  But in
anycase, no need to broke the wrist, a desk jet printer would do.
Let's just hope the investment in a printer will prove useful.

In a World without Walls and Fences,
who needs Windows and Gates?
From: Cesar Rabak
Peter Seibel escreveu:
> Yesterday I turned in the final page proofs of the last four chapters
> of _Practical Common Lisp_[1]. The book goes to the printer March 4th
> and should be available at a bookstore near you on April 11th. I want
> to thank the denizens of comp.lang.lisp for all your help. To quote
> from the Acknowledgements section of the book:

[snipped]

> So thanks.

Congratulations Peter!

Hope becomes a best seller!
From: William Bland
On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 18:48:12 +0000, Peter Seibel wrote:

> Yesterday I turned in the final page proofs of the last four chapters
> of _Practical Common Lisp_[1].

Congrats Peter!  Can't wait to get hold of a copy!

Best wishes,
		Bill.
From: Bryan Glennon
Congrats! I can't wait to go buy a copy.

Cheers,
Bryan
From: Coby Beck
"Peter Seibel" <·····@gigamonkeys.com> wrote in message
···················@gigamonkeys.com...
> Yesterday I turned in the final page proofs of the last four chapters
> of _Practical Common Lisp_[1]. The book goes to the printer March 4th
> and should be available at a bookstore near you on April 11th. I want

Well done Peter!  It seems unanimous that you have done an excellent job and
I have nothing to say to spoil that perfect review record.  It is all the
more impressive considering you started as a relative newbie.  I've always
said the best way to learn is by teaching, now it seems you've also shown
the best way to teach is by learning!

It will be on my bookshelf as soon as it is available, thanks.

--
Coby Beck
(remove #\Space "coby 101 @ big pond . com")