From: Andreas Thiele
Subject: LispWorks save-image :restart-function?
Hi,

I'd like to have a LispWorks image with my app contained. The
restart-function should start the app (and the normal LW GUI).

Using

(save-image "my-test" :restart-function 'my-start :multiprocessing t)

I get my app running but no LW-GUI. Can anybody give me a tiny hint? What do
I have to do to start the GUI?

Andreas

From: Edi Weitz
Subject: Re: LispWorks save-image :restart-function?
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:02:41 +0100, "Andreas Thiele" <······@nospam.com> wrote:

> I'd like to have a LispWorks image with my app contained. The
> restart-function should start the app (and the normal LW GUI).
>
> Using
>
> (save-image "my-test" :restart-function 'my-start :multiprocessing t)
>
> I get my app running but no LW-GUI. Can anybody give me a tiny hint?
> What do I have to do to start the GUI?

Have you looked at the ENVIRONMENT keyword parameter?

Cheers
Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Andreas Thiele
> Have you looked at the ENVIRONMENT keyword parameter?
Hi Edi,

yes, but it defaults to t and setting it doesn't change anything. Meanwhile
I was succesful with the following image creation 'skript':

(load-all-patches)
(load "my-app")
;; add my start function to the standard action list of the GUI startup:
(define-action "initialize lispworks tools" "start-my-app" 'my-start)
(save-image "my-app")
(quit)

I was cautious and defined my-start as (defun my-start (&rest dummy) ...

I'm still interested in alternatives.

Thanks

Andreas
From: Arthur Lemmens
Andreas Thiele wrote:

>> Have you looked at the ENVIRONMENT keyword parameter?
> Hi Edi,
>
> yes, but it defaults to t and setting it doesn't change anything. Meanwhile
> I was succesful with the following image creation 'skript':
>
> (load-all-patches)
> (load "my-app")
> ;; add my start function to the standard action list of the GUI startup:
> (define-action "initialize lispworks tools" "start-my-app" 'my-start)
> (save-image "my-app")
> (quit)
>
> I was cautious and defined my-start as (defun my-start (&rest dummy) ...
>
> I'm still interested in alternatives.

Maybe I'm missing something, but is there a reason why you don't just
use DELIVER?  That's the normal way of delivering applications.

Arthur
From: Joel Reymont
From: Edi Weitz
On 24 Feb 2005 11:22:52 -0800, "Joel Reymont" <······@gmail.com> wrote:

> Andreas, did you try posting to ········@lispworks.com? That's the
> official mailing list that support responds to.

Sometimes... :)

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Andreas Thiele
> Maybe I'm missing something, but is there a reason why you don't just
> use DELIVER?  That's the normal way of delivering applications.

Hi Arthur,

I don't want to deliver the app. It is just a little more convienient to
have a one click start, have the app running and being able to do debugging.
I have the LispWorks development GUI running plus the apps GUI. I will use
this most probably in presentations only.

Greetings
Andreas
From: Edi Weitz
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:43:27 +0100, "Andreas Thiele" <······@nospam.com> wrote:

> yes, but it defaults to t and setting it doesn't change anything.

Setting it to what?  Did you set it to :ALWAYS?

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Andreas Thiele
> Setting it to what?  Did you set it to :ALWAYS?

This is not mentioned in my ref. manual, just :default, nil and t. Setting
it to :always in LW Prof. for Windows produces:

Error: :ALWAYS fell through ECASE expression.
Wanted one of (:DEFAULT (NIL) (T) (:WITH-TTY-LISTENER)).

Andreas
From: Edi Weitz
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:44:20 +0100, "Andreas Thiele" <······@nospam.com> wrote:

> This is not mentioned in my ref. manual, just :default, nil and
> t. Setting it to :always in LW Prof. for Windows produces:
>
> Error: :ALWAYS fell through ECASE expression.
> Wanted one of (:DEFAULT (NIL) (T) (:WITH-TTY-LISTENER)).

Sorry, I confused that with :CONSOLE.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.