From: ···············@yahoo.com
Subject: Int'l Contest in Functional Programming 2005 announced
The ICFP 2005 will begin the weekend after ILC 2005.  From the
announcement:

"This year's competition rewards programmers who can plan ahead. As
before, we'll announce a problem and give you three days to solve it.
Two weeks later, we'll announce a change to the problem specification
and give you one day to adapt your program to the new spec. And you
guessed it: the second half will be worth considerably more than the
first."

The website is http://icfpc.plt-scheme.org/
PLT Scheme are the people who produce Dr. Scheme, as well as the book
"How to Design Programs" by Matthias Felleisen et al.
From: Denis Mashkevich
···············@yahoo.com wrote:
> The ICFP 2005 will begin the weekend after ILC 2005.  From the
> announcement:
>
> "This year's competition rewards programmers who can plan ahead. As
> before, we'll announce a problem and give you three days to solve it.
> Two weeks later, we'll announce a change to the problem specification
> and give you one day to adapt your program to the new spec. And you
> guessed it: the second half will be worth considerably more than the
> first."
>
> The website is http://icfpc.plt-scheme.org/
> PLT Scheme are the people who produce Dr. Scheme, as well as the book
> "How to Design Programs" by Matthias Felleisen et al.

This just means that you have 2 more weeks to completely rewrite your
application in a maintainable way, not that you need to write it well
the first time. Why wouldn't they announce the change right after the
first stage end? Maybe give 2 days for the first stage if 4 consecutive
days out of life is too much.