From: Peter Scott
Subject: Getting MOP information about EQL specializers
I'm working on an inspector, and I'd like to be able to go from an EQL
specializer object to (eql 'something).

That is, given the output from (mop:intern-eql-specializer 'foo), I
would like to be able to present the user with some informative
description (preferably "(eql 'foo)").

Is there any way to do this? The MOP specification seems pretty vague
on exactly what eql-specializer objects are and how to manipulate them.

-Peter

From: Duane Rettig
"Peter Scott" <·········@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm working on an inspector, and I'd like to be able to go from an EQL
> specializer object to (eql 'something).
>
> That is, given the output from (mop:intern-eql-specializer 'foo), I
> would like to be able to present the user with some informative
> description (preferably "(eql 'foo)").
>
> Is there any way to do this? The MOP specification seems pretty vague
> on exactly what eql-specializer objects are and how to manipulate them.

eql-specializer-object gives the object being specialized on:

CL-USER(1): (setq x (mop:intern-eql-specializer 'foo))
#<ACLMOP:EQL-SPECIALIZER FOO @ #x106328aa>
CL-USER(2): (mop:eql-specializer-object x)
FOO
CL-USER(3): `(eql ,(mop:eql-specializer-object x))
(EQL FOO)
CL-USER(4):

From: Peter Scott
Many thanks. I figured that it was either something blindingly obvious
or mind-numbingly esoteric, and I'm relieved that it turned out to be
the former.

-Peter