From: Marc Battyani
Subject: Common Lisp Directory news
The development of the Common Lisp Directory is going on. As I have
several real work projects to finish, I can't spend as much time as I would
like on this project, but it is progressing anyway and I hope to be able to
put the new version online next week.

The Common Lisp Directory is here: http://www.cl-user.net
(Thanks to Arthur Lemmens for this cool name ;-)

So far the categorization system is finished and I'm adding the following
objects to the directory.
    -implementations
    -libraries
    -persons
    -html-documents
    -external-documents
    -organizations
    -events

All the objects accept comments as well as notes.
I am adding what is needed to have RSS feeds at any level. For instance
people will be able to subscribe to "new comments on web server
libraries".

Other ideas ?

As the directory will be useless if it is empty or not maintained, I'm glad
to announce that Paolo Amoroso is the directory's content manager. As Paolo
is also a Lisp gardener he will be able to somewhat coordinate the relevant
parts of the 2 projects.

Any comments ?

Marc

From: ········@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Common Lisp Directory news
Entering the dictionairy crashes Safari (1.3.1). Seems to work fine
with Firefox, IE for mac, though.

keep up the good work

nick
From: Marc Battyani
<········@gmail.com> wrote
> Entering the dictionairy crashes Safari (1.3.1). Seems to work fine
> with Firefox, IE for mac, though.

I've got messages telling me that Safari crashes and others that it works.
Are there several versions of Safari ? Is there some indication of what
kills it?

Marc
From: Ulrich Hobelmann
Marc Battyani wrote:
> <········@gmail.com> wrote
>> Entering the dictionairy crashes Safari (1.3.1). Seems to work fine
>> with Firefox, IE for mac, though.
>
> I've got messages telling me that Safari crashes and others that it works.
> Are there several versions of Safari ? Is there some indication of what
> kills it?

There's Safari 1.3 (for Mac OS 10.3) and 2.X for OS 10.4, and probably
more versions if users don't update.

I have 2.0.2 and it works.

--
I wake up each morning determined to change the world...
and also to have one hell of a good time.
From: Dmitriy Ivanov
Hello ········@gmail.com,
<········@gmail.com> wrote:

n> Entering the dictionairy crashes Safari (1.3.1). Seems to work fine
n> with Firefox, IE for mac, though.

After loading the starting directory page into the IE browser, it keeps on
generating network traffic, both incoming and outcoming. This looks rather
unusual and IMHO is not generally good.

Is it by design? Could it be avoided in some way?
--
Sincerely,
Dmitriy Ivanov
From: Paolo Amoroso
"Dmitriy Ivanov" <·······@aha.ru> writes:

> After loading the starting directory page into the IE browser, it keeps on
> generating network traffic, both incoming and outcoming. This looks rather
> unusual and IMHO is not generally good.
>
> Is it by design? Could it be avoided in some way?

Yes, the traffic is by design.  See the "Fractal Framework" thread in:

  <http://linkit.fractalconcept.com/asp/9nDm/sdataQvrEOR5vZ1SKDQjr-br28uLk8yBX8yBX8oQ5Ssjh-15rDM==/sdataQu3F$sSHnB==>

  http://tinyurl.com/c44ct

Paolo
--
Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL%20Highlight%20Film
Recommended Common Lisp libraries/tools:
From: Marc Battyani
"Dmitriy Ivanov" <·······@aha.ru> wrote

> After loading the starting directory page into the IE browser, it keeps on
> generating network traffic, both incoming and outcoming. This looks rather
> unusual and IMHO is not generally good.
>
> Is it by design?

Yes. It's the update link. This is what enables to update the number of points/visits/etc.
in real time without reloading the page.

>Could it be avoided in some way?

Sure, if I change it ;-)

Marc