From: ·········@gmail.com
Subject: 3 more things
1. I promised to end the CMUCL for Win32 discussion, but Google posted
delayed and multiple mesages (not my fault). But now I have to post an
explanation for that.

2. SBCL changed what they are saying regarding the Win32 port. Chris
Rodes quoted from

http://web.archive.org/web/20031006143655/sbcl.sourceforge.net/ports.php

but lied about there not being "straightforward":

   "Can you port to Microsoft Windows?" is a FAQ. It's probably
possible, even straightforward ...

(he's not the only one who can do selective quoting)

3. Remember what we talked about, OK? If you got nothing better to do
than to argue about whether (EQUAL-MEANING "trivial"
"straightforward"), head over to
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.suicide.holiday and save some lives
this holiday season.

From: Ulrich Hobelmann
Subject: Re: 3 more things
·········@gmail.com wrote:
> 1. I promised to end the CMUCL for Win32 discussion, but Google posted
> delayed and multiple mesages (not my fault). But now I have to post an
> explanation for that.
>
> 2. SBCL changed what they are saying regarding the Win32 port. Chris
> Rodes quoted from
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20031006143655/sbcl.sourceforge.net/ports.php
>
> but lied about there not being "straightforward":
>
>    "Can you port to Microsoft Windows?" is a FAQ. It's probably
> possible, even straightforward ...

As far as common OS concepts go it's probably straightforward if you
know both Unix and Windows really well at the low-level API level, but
that doesn't mean it's in the least easy.

Free software often gets done in Free time ;)
As long as nobody funds development there, we should really be thankful
for all volunteer efforts.

--
If you have to ask what jazz is, you'll never know.
	Louis Armstrong
From: Stefan Scholl
Ulrich Hobelmann <···········@web.de> wrote:
> Free software often gets done in Free time ;)
> As long as nobody funds development there, we should really be thankful
> for all volunteer efforts.

And without suggesting suicide. :-)