From: Nicolas Neuss
Subject: Colored Lisp printout?
Hello,

does anyone know of a possibility to get a colored printout for Lisp code
in LaTeX?

Thank you,
Nicolas.

From: Kirk Job Sluder
Subject: Re: Colored Lisp printout?
In article <··············@ortler.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de>,
 Nicolas Neuss <··················@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> does anyone know of a possibility to get a colored printout for Lisp code
> in LaTeX?

Try the listings package which, to my memory, handles both verbatim
import and syntax highlighting for many programming languages.

--
Kirk Job-Sluder
From: Majorinc, Kazimir
In article <··············@ortler.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de>,
··················@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de says...
> Hello,
>
> does anyone know of a possibility to get a colored printout for Lisp code
> in LaTeX?

Some editors, like Scite, export syntax-coloured code in Latex
(and other formats.) Try it.
From: Nicolas Neuss
Majorinc, Kazimir <·······@chem.pmf.hr> writes:

> Some editors, like Scite, export syntax-coloured code in Latex
> (and other formats.) Try it.

However, Scite (at least the Debian version) does not support Lisp.

Nicolas.
From: Majorinc, Kazimir
In article <··············@ortler.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de>,
··················@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de says...

> However, Scite (at least the Debian version) does not support Lisp.
>
> Nicolas.

I'm surprised. Windows version does support Lisp.
From: Larry Clapp
On 2005-12-17, Nicolas Neuss <··················@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:
> does anyone know of a possibility to get a colored printout for Lisp
> code in LaTeX?

Vim will do HTML (see exercises for Chapter 6, and the "shortest path"
code, in http://theclapp.blog-city.com/read/javaandorlisp.htm for
example output) and maybe Latex (see
http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=947).  The HTML works
pretty well; I haven't tried the Latex version.  By its own admission,
"the code is really bad, and [the] project is not maintained anymore."

If you have (or can find) an HTML->Latex translater, maybe that'd work.

-- Larry
From: Dario Lah
Maybe htmlize (Emacs)?

http://fly.srk.fer.hr/~hniksic/emacs/htmlize.el

Dario

From: Kirk Job Sluder
I really thing this is a job for listings.sty

%In the preamble
\usepackage{listings}

\lstloadlanguages{lisp}

%then in the spot where you want your lisp code
%make keywords red and boldfaced, and comments gray and smaller.
\lstset{keywordstyle=\color{red}\bfseries\underbar,
   commentstyle=\color{Gray}\small}

%input your source code.
\lstinputlisting[language=lisp,
   breaklines=true]{../data_lisp_experiment/validate.lisp}

One of the problems I've found is that even with breaklines, I still get
ugliness with long lines.

Documentation is at:
http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/CTAN/macros/latex/contrib/listings/listin
gs-1.3.pdf