From: Marc Battyani
Subject: Clarifications on the Common Lisp Directory vs LinkIt
It seems that a lot of people are confused by the fact that LinkIt and
CL-Directory are on the same server.
They are NOT the same thing.

Looks like I am much better at speaking Lisp than English ;-)

>(equal "LinkIt" "cl-directory")
nil

>(same-server-p "LinkIt" "cl-directory")

>(work-together-p "LinkIt" "cl-directory")

Maybe somebody with better English communication habilities can explain what
is the Common Lisp Directory...

The cl-directory is here:
http://linkit.fractalconcept.com/asp//html/root-dir.html

I will make the try to make this more obvious on the server.

Marc

From: ajones
> Maybe somebody with better English communication habilities can explain what
> is the Common Lisp Directory...

Here is my take on it:

The common lisp directory is an attempt to create a canonical reference
of lisp resources on the web. Link-it is a lisp-related news system,
and as such only displays current information. Resources submitted to
link-it are also added to the common lisp directory for more permanent
reference. They are separate websites, but the common lisp directory
draws new information from link-it.
From: Marc Battyani
"ajones" <·······@gmail.com> wrote
> > Maybe somebody with better English communication habilities can explain
what
> > is the Common Lisp Directory...
>
> Here is my take on it:
>
> The common lisp directory is an attempt to create a canonical reference
> of lisp resources on the web.

Yes But it also have original content as well in the knowledge base sense.
At least comments and annotations but also

>Link-it is a lisp-related news system,

Yes. LinkIt started as a joke but now that it exists I've converted it into
Lisp community resource. As you can see, most of the links are about Lisp
now. So you are all invited to post links of interest for lispers to it.

> and as such only displays current information. Resources submitted to
> link-it are also added to the common lisp directory for more permanent
> reference.

No. It's in the other way. New or modified stuff added to the
directory/knowledge base will be posted to LinkIt to be rated/commented.

For instance I've added a Common Lisp FAQ to the Directory and posted a link
to it in the LinkIt section.
(BTW this FAQ is a part of Peter's Seibel Gardeners project.)

>They are separate websites, but the common lisp directory
> draws new information from link-it.

They are 2 separated parts but they share the users base for instance.
New and improved stuff un the Directory/Knowledge Base gets posted to
LinkIt.

Thanks for having expressed what you thought so that I could clarify some
points.
A few more iterations and it will be OK ;-)

Marc