From: William Bland
Subject: Patch to SLIME, makes it easy to see what has been edited but not compiled
I've been trying to subscribe to the slime-devel mailing list this
morning, but it seems to be unwell - it hangs forever when I enter my
details and press the "subscribe" button.

So I'm posting to cll instead - hope nobody minds.

I wrote a little patch last night that helps me keep track of what code
has been edited but not recompiled:

http://abstractnonsense.com/slime-edits.html

It may, of course, be buggy and/or not done the right way.  Nevertheless
it works for me and I hope others may find it useful.

Best wishes,
	Bill.

From: javuchi
I hope it is included in the next release.

Thanks.
From: William Bland
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:34:15 -0800, javuchi wrote:

> I hope it is included in the next release.

Thanks to Marco Baringer, who helped make the feature cusomisable and
committed it, the feature is now in cvs SLIME.

Best wishes,
	Bill.
--
William Bland.      http://www.abstractnonsense.com/
From: ···········@gmail.com
From: Alain Picard
William Bland <···············@gmail.com> writes:

> I wrote a little patch last night that helps me keep track of what code
> has been edited but not recompiled:

Sounds like something which could be made to play nicely
with highlight-changes-mode, maybe.
From: William Bland
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:51:18 +1100, Alain Picard wrote:

> William Bland <···············@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I wrote a little patch last night that helps me keep track of what code
>> has been edited but not recompiled:
>
> Sounds like something which could be made to play nicely
> with highlight-changes-mode, maybe.

Good point, thanks.  I just checked, and the two features do indeed play
very nicely together.  Since they both use overlays, they can coexist
quite happily and present the user with both pieces of information at the
same time.

Best wishes,
	Bill.