From: Robert Bralic
Subject: CMUCL for Linux....
Hi,

Does anybody knows where to find,
(on what distributions)...
I need Linux with only:
CLISP, CMUCL,Emacs, Vi and gcc...

Thanks in advance, Robert....!!!

From: Larry Clapp
Subject: Re: CMUCL for Linux....
On 2005-12-14, Robert Bralic <···········@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Does anybody knows where to find,
> (on what distributions)...
> I need Linux with only:
> CLISP, CMUCL,Emacs, Vi and gcc...

Debian, at least, has them all, but hardly *only* those.  But I guess
you could do a base install, and then choose those five packages.  I
know Vim runs on the Linux console; I assume Emacs does, too.

-- Larry
From: javuchi
Larry Clapp ha escrito:

> Debian, at least, has them all, but hardly *only* those.  But I guess
> you could do a base install, and then choose those five packages.  I
> know Vim runs on the Linux console; I assume Emacs does, too.

Sure it does.

But i recomend http://puppylinux.org/ and install Emacs, SLIME and
CMUCL. In less than 80Mb you'll get a full desktop envirorment with
Mozilla, Xine, and a nice X system.

Have fun.
From: John Thingstad
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:53:56 +0100, Robert Bralic
<···········@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody knows where to find,
> (on what distributions)...
> I need Linux with only:
> CLISP, CMUCL,Emacs, Vi and gcc...
>
> Thanks in advance, Robert....!!!

That linux would be too limited for even basic navigation.
However most linuxes allow conditional installation.
Redhat's installation allows you to pick I belive.
The last version I installed was a ancient 5.0 version
so perhaps others have a better answer.

From: Petter Gustad
"Robert Bralic" <···········@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> Does anybody knows where to find,
> (on what distributions)...

Under gentoo you can install it and then do:

emerge cmucl
emerge emacs
emerge slime

Petter
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
From: Christopher Giroir
Robert Bralic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody knows where to find,
> (on what distributions)...
> I need Linux with only:
> CLISP, CMUCL,Emacs, Vi and gcc...

If you are in for a source distribution and install:

www.gentoo.org

Has a lot of "features" that you might not want, but you can end up with
a nice system with only those programs compiled the way you want with no
extra dependencies.

Chris