From: ········@gmail.com
Subject: Vancouver Lisp Users Group meeting for December
Hi all,

There's been a lot of interest this year in AJAX techniques for rich
web clients, web frameworks, and web application development in CL in
general. Therefore, it's fitting that we have the last lispvan meeting
of 2005 on that very topic! Drew Crampsie will be doing an introduction
to his Lisp-on-Lines (LoL) web application framework with some detail
on how he uses specific leading-edge techniques and libraries in the
framework. The set of technologies that will be touched on include:

    * Parenscript and Dojo for AJAX functionality
    * ContextL for managing application-specific classes
    * Lisp-on-Lines to handle rapid web application development in a "
Ruby on Rails"-like manner
    * UncommonWeb (UCW) as the underlying web framework
    * CLSQL to handle talking to an RDBMS for persisting client data
    * Araneida for basic web server functionality

Looks to be a good meeting to finish off 2005!

Here's the "official" meeting notice:

Topic: Developing Web Apps with LoL
Presenter: Drew Crampsie
Date: Thursday, December 22, 2005
Time: 7pm - 10pm (or whenever)
Venue: Think!, 4512 West 10th Ave., Vancouver
that he uses to develop web applications in CL for clients of the Tech
Co-op.

I plan to record the talk and make it available on my blog.

Here's my weblog entry with the same detail:
http://bc.tech.coop/blog/051213.html

See you there!

Cheers,
Bill