From: Peter Seibel
Subject: Glossy Lisp Lizard with transparent background?
Does anyone have a version of the Lisp lizard from:

  <http://www.normal-null.de/lisp_logo.html>

in the glossy style but with a transparent background. I want to
include the logo on a page with a colored background.

-Peter

--
Peter Seibel           * ·····@gigamonkeys.com

From: ········@gmail.com
http://homepage.mac.com/nick_a/editing-glossy430.gif

what colour is the background going to be? it looks gross without being
prettied up a bit...

nick
From: ·······@gmail.com
········@gmail.com wrote:
> http://homepage.mac.com/nick_a/editing-glossy430.gif
>
> what colour is the background going to be? it looks gross without being
> prettied up a bit...
This probably wants to be a PNG (alpha channel), but transparent PNGs
don't currently work in IE.

Paul Khuong
From: ········@gmail.com
>This probably wants to be a PNG (alpha channel), but transparent PNGs
>don't currently work in IE.

yeah, its ugly. Antialiasing the edges with the colour of the
background has gotten gifs to work well enough for me though

nick
From: Troels Henriksen
·······@gmail.com writes:

> This probably wants to be a PNG (alpha channel), but transparent PNGs
> don't currently work in IE.

Since a rather large part of Common Lispers seem to use non-Windows
operating systems, and thus, not Internet Explorer, this might be a
non-issue. Of course, one might want to use some of the hacks to make
PNG-alpha-blending work in IE: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola/

--
Troels "Athas" Henriksen