From: Jack Unrue
Subject: array type in CFFI?
My request to subscribe to cffi-devel is in-flight, so in the
meantime I'll hope that CFFI developers won't mind answering a
question here.

Back in Sept there was a proposal to add an array type to CFFI:

http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/cffi-devel/2005-September/000057.html

to which Luis replied that a) he had a preference for a different
syntax, and b) most of what was necessary was already in uffi-compat
but that some refactoring was planned.

Is there anything that a wannabe-CFFI-user can do to help this along,
or this feature still in the need-to-discuss stage?

I can contribute some code, and I can easily test Allegro, CLISP,
Corman, ECL, GCL, and LispWorks.  I don't have access to CMUCL, OpenMCL,
or SBCL (yes I'm one of those weird people that runs Lisp on Win32).

Thanks in advance!

--
Jack Unrue
From: Jack Unrue
Subject: Re: array type in CFFI?
On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 04:12:14 GMT, Jack Unrue <·······@example.tld> wrote:

> Is there anything that a wannabe-CFFI-user can do to help this along,
> or this feature still in the need-to-discuss stage?

Just to follow up, the simple use-case that I need (declaring
foreign structs with array members) is already supported, I
just had not looked closely enough.

--
Jack Unrue