From: remixer
Subject: How to compile/link a multiple files with ECL
I am able to compile a single file using ECL
http://ecls.sourceforge.net/

I want to know how one compiles/links a larger project with multiple
packages spread across multiple files/directories. Thanks,

remixer

From: Thomas A. Russ
Subject: Re: How to compile/link a multiple files with ECL
"remixer" <········@gmail.com> writes:

> I am able to compile a single file using ECL
> http://ecls.sourceforge.net/
>
> I want to know how one compiles/links a larger project with multiple
> packages spread across multiple files/directories. Thanks,

The three popular choices are:
  1.  Use one of the DEFSYSTEM variants.
  2.  Use ASDF.
  3.  Roll your own script as a lisp file that you load which then
      proceeds to compile and load your system.

From: remixer
Sorry, I think I wasnt clear. I want to use ECL to produce C-code that
I can then use to build a executible for Windows. For example, CL-PPCRE
has been compiled by ECL -- and I am wondering how one does that.

Thanks,
remixer
From: Julian Stecklina
"remixer" <········@gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry, I think I wasnt clear. I want to use ECL to produce C-code that
> I can then use to build a executible for Windows. For example, CL-PPCRE
> has been compiled by ECL -- and I am wondering how one does that.

If you want to link several compiled files into one executable, read:
http://ecls.sourceforge.net/ecldev/Building-programs.html#Building-programs

If you hit problems, ask on the ECL mailing list.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

(Of course SML does have its weaknesses, but by comparison, a
 discussion of C++'s strengths and flaws always sounds like an
 argument about whether one should face north or east when one
 is sacrificing one's goat to the rain god.)         -- Thant Tessman