From: mikel
Subject: Bosco, Skate, Hansa, Alpaca, and so on
Until the fall of last year I was maintaining several free software
projects that, judging by my mailbox, saw fairly frequent use.
Especially, people sent me mail often about Bosco, Skate, and Alpaca.

Then I got very ill. All work on these projects (indeed, all work of any
kind) stopped. The mail didn't ever stop coming in, though it's down to
a trickle now, but all I ever did with it was send back replies saying I
was too sick to do anything about it.

Things are somewhat better now, and I am beginning to read through my
old code and documentation, and I think there is the possibility of new
code appearing some time soon. This being the case, and because many of
the people who sent me mail are regular posters here, I thought I would
post this message to let people know that I am hacking a little Lisp
code again.

Feel free to send mail again inquiring about any of my old projects. I
will say up front that the first project that gets my attention is
Hansa, because, besides being an interesting project for its own sake, I
owe my attention to it and to the person who conceived it. But if you
want to do something with one of the other projects, and you want my
help or advice about how to do it, feel free to send mail to mikel at
evins dot net.

Working on Hansa also means I will be working on Bosco.

Oh, and expect me to work slowly. :-)

From: Raffael Cavallaro
Subject: Re: Bosco, Skate, Hansa, Alpaca, and so on
I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say I'm happy to hear you're
doing better.

On 2005-08-29 15:49:00 -0400, mikel <·····@evins.net> said:

> Working on Hansa also means I will be working on Bosco.

Bosco is a project of yours I've used in the past. Glad to know you'll
be continuing work on it.

regards,

Ralph
From: mikel
Raffael Cavallaro wrote:
> I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say I'm happy to hear you're
> doing better.

Thanks.

> On 2005-08-29 15:49:00 -0400, mikel <·····@evins.net> said:
>

>> Working on Hansa also means I will be working on Bosco.
>

> Bosco is a project of yours I've used in the past. Glad to know you'll
> be continuing work on it.

Yes, I just got done reading through an old archived version of the
Bosco HOWTO. I'm not ready to update it, but I expect that I will
shortly work through it again with a more recent version of OpenMCL,
both to get Hansa work on track again, and also to find out what's gone
wrong with the HOWTO in the past year.