From: Ramza Brown
Subject: Example of a messaging queue service in lisp
Anybody have any code on a lisp based messaging queue service.
Basically async messaging, message comes in and gets processed later
when it can?

Or what are some good examples of multi-threaded lisp servers that are
readable out there?  That would be the same thing for me.

--
Ramza from Atlanta
http://www.newspiritcompany.com

From: Patrick May
Subject: Re: Example of a messaging queue service in lisp
Ramza Brown <············@gmail.com> writes:
> Anybody have any code on a lisp based messaging queue
> service. Basically async messaging, message comes in and gets
> processed later when it can?
>
> Or what are some good examples of multi-threaded lisp servers that
> are readable out there?  That would be the same thing for me.

     I have literally just finished an example of this, for the
purpose of demonstrating the use of the Chain of Responsibility
pattern in a message broker.  I have implementations in both Java and
Lisp.  The URL is http://www.spe.com/pjm/message-broker.html (I've
even incorporated some ideas from the current comp.lang.lisp thread on
rot13.)

     Please note the caveats, especially the fact that this code is
for demonstration, not production.  That being said, I'd appreciate
constructive criticism of my Lisp code.

     It should be straightforward to change the message broker into a
queue.

Regards,

Patrick

S P Engineering, Inc.    | The experts in large scale distributed OO
          ···@spe.com    | (C++, Java, Common Lisp, Jini, CORBA, UML)
From: ramza2
I am considering using the messaging system for agents running offline
for a webapplication.  Your project looks like it will work.