From: Peter Seibel
Subject: ALU Wiki back at the ALU
The ALU is proud to announce that we are once again hosting a Wiki
devoted to discussion of all things Lisp, available at:

  <http://wiki.alu.org/>

We would also like to thank Drew Crampsie of tech.coop who took over
hosting of the ALU wiki content at a time when it was on the verge of
going off-line under a deluge of spam and when the ALU folks who might
have been able to deal with it were up to their ears in organizing the
ILC2005. Drew has also been extremely helpful and gracious in helping
us move the ALU wiki content back to the ALU site.

The new wiki is running on new wiki software, Kiwi. Kiwi is derived
from Dan Barlow's Cliki software but substantially rewritten and with
a new storage substrate. The rewrite was done by Carl Shapiro of the
ALU (and heroic organizer of the most recent ILC) and an anonymous (to
me anyway) friend of his. The version running now on wiki.alu.org
should have feature parity with Cliki and the following new features:

  * Page namespaces including a namespace for per page discussion
    pages like Mediawiki.

  * More thorough RSS support.

  * Viewable age histories.

  * Better search functionality.

  * CAPTCHAs to help prevent spam

  * The ability to preview edits.

Carl also believes that the new architecture will make it rather
straight-forward to add other features such has expanded RSS support,
a non-HTML "wikitext" syntax, and a system for creating pages that can
be accessed only by registered users.

Stay tuned for an actual release of the Kiwi software in the next
couple of weeks.

-Peter

--
Peter Seibel           * ·····@gigamonkeys.com

From: Paolo Amoroso
Subject: Re: ALU Wiki back at the ALU
Peter Seibel <·····@gigamonkeys.com> writes:

> The ALU is proud to announce that we are once again hosting a Wiki
> devoted to discussion of all things Lisp, available at:
>
>   <http://wiki.alu.org/>
[...]
> ILC2005. Drew has also been extremely helpful and gracious in helping
> us move the ALU wiki content back to the ALU site.

Where is the original content of lisp.tech.coop?  I mean the pages
linked from the old home page:

  http://lisp.tech.coop/index?v=22

Paolo
Recommended Common Lisp libraries/tools:
- ASDF/ASDF-INSTALL: system building/installation
- CL-PPCRE: regular expressions
- UFFI: Foreign Function Interface
From: drewc
Paolo Amoroso wrote:
> Peter Seibel <·····@gigamonkeys.com> writes:
>

>>The ALU is proud to announce that we are once again hosting a Wiki
>>devoted to discussion of all things Lisp, available at:
>>
>>  <http://wiki.alu.org/>
>
> [...]
>
>>ILC2005. Drew has also been extremely helpful and gracious in helping
>>us move the ALU wiki content back to the ALU site.
>

> Where is the original content of lisp.tech.coop?  I mean the pages
> linked from the old home page:
>
>  http://lisp.tech.coop/index?v=22

Anything that was original to the lisp.tech.coop wiki is still there,
and won't be going anywhere. I'll re-enable editing once i get some sort
of redirect mechanism for the alu pages.

For the record, below is a list of those pages that were not moved to
the new ALU wiki. If anybody 'owns' one of these pages and would prefer
to see it on the ALU wiki, feel free to move it there and i'll make a
note of it.

As for lisp.tech.coop, i still plan to operate the site and keep it
around, with more of a focus on lisp web programming and actual
practical matters. Any suggestions are welcome.

   Sandbox
   macro
   hyperspec
   Which GNU/Linux for Common Lisp
   Which Common Lisp for Windows
   Which Common Lisp for Macintosh
   Which Common Lisp for GNU/Linux
   Web/Continuation
   Web/Continuation Demo Source
   Web Programming
   UnCommon Web
   Strings : join, extract, length
   S-expression
   Overview
   Metaobject Protocol
   Lisp Gotchas
   Common Lisp Reference
   Books on Common Lisp
   Beginners Guide to Lisp
   *hyper-cliki*
   ALU Wiki
   Cliki
   Default Style Sheet
   Araneida POST body parsing
   Revert Spam
   Text Formatting

drewc

--
Drew Crampsie
drewc at tech dot coop
From: Paolo Amoroso
drewc <·····@rift.com> writes:

> Anything that was original to the lisp.tech.coop wiki is still there,
> and won't be going anywhere. I'll re-enable editing once i get some
> sort of redirect mechanism for the alu pages.

I have probably asked the wrong question.  I actually meant to ask:
where is the content that once was at alu.cliki.net?

From: drewc
Paolo Amoroso wrote:
> drewc <·····@rift.com> writes:
>

>>Anything that was original to the lisp.tech.coop wiki is still there,
>>and won't be going anywhere. I'll re-enable editing once i get some
>>sort of redirect mechanism for the alu pages.
>

> I have probably asked the wrong question.  I actually meant to ask:
> where is the content that once was at alu.cliki.net?

Any content that was the alu.cliki.net, and was hosted at
lisp.tech.coop, is now back at the the ALU at http://wiki.alu.org/index
, including the entire history of changes.

Anything that was original to lisp.tech.coop is still at lisp.tech.coop.

drewc