From: Nathan Baum
Subject: Problem with CL-SDL-OPENGL, SBCL
I'm having a problem compiling the opengl component of CL-SDL.

I'm using CL-SDL 0.2.2, UFFI 1.2.x and SBCL 0.9.0 on Debian Sarge 3.1.

There is no error, as such: evaluating (require 'opengl) at the
top-level produces:

#P"/usr/local/lib/sbcl/systems/sdl-ffi.asd"
; into #<PACKAGE "ASDF4248">
; registering #<SYSTEM SDL-FFI {93137F9}> as SDL-FFI
#P"/usr/local/lib/sbcl/systems/uffi.asd" into
; #<PACKAGE "ASDF4250">
; registering #<SYSTEM UFFI {9499C41}> as UFFI
#P"/usr/local/lib/sbcl/systems/sdl.asd" into
; #<PACKAGE "ASDF4256">
; registering #<SYSTEM SDL {9728521}> as SDL
; compiling file "/usr/local/lib/sbcl/cl-sdl/opengl/gl.lisp" (written
19 AUG 2005 04:50:31 AM):
; compiling (DEFPACKAGE #:OPENGL ...)
; compiling (IN-PACKAGE #:OPENGL)
; compiling (DEF-LIBRARY-PROPERTIES OPENGL ...)
; compiling (DEF-LIBRARY-PROPERTIES GLU ...)
; compiling (DEF-LIBRARY-PROPERTIES GLSTUB ...)
; compiling (LOAD-DEFINED-FOREIGN-LIBRARY (QUOTE GLSTUB))

Then it just hangs. `top' reveals that sbcl is eating up all free
processor time, but its memory usage appears to be constant.

The terminal I run it in stops responding to any input, including ^D,
^C or ^Z. I can kill sbcl from another terminal without any problems.
It leaves a broken "gl.fasl" behind.

I couldn't find anything on Google about this.

From: justinhj
Subject: Re: Problem with CL-SDL-OPENGL, SBCL
Sorry to answer your question with a question, but are there SDL
bindings for CLISP available?

Justin
From: Nathan Baum
http://www.cliki.net/CL-SDL says you can get CL-SDL for CLISP, using
the UFFI patch available on sourceforge, http://tinyurl.com/dbtyk.

But I don't know if it's any good or not.
From: justinhj
Thanks for the link. I spent some time trying to get it to work...
installation via asdf failed because I don't have uffi which doesn't
appear to want to work for clisp either. I grabbed a uffi.lisp that is
supposed to work for clisp from sourceforge and loaded that up, but I
still get uffi component missing errors when trying to install.

Justin