From: Steve
Subject: Lisp and xslt
Do you provide xslt support in lisp? Or know of anyone who does?
Steve

From: Will McCutchen
Subject: Re: Lisp and xslt
> Do you provide xslt support in lisp? Or know of anyone who does?

This is a horrible answer, but here it goes anyway.

I'm currently porting a Python program of mine to Lisp.  Since I'm
using XSLT 2.0, and Saxon8 is the only viable XSLT 2.0 processor, in
the Python version I call out to Java to run the Saxon8 processor.

I plan to do the same in the Lisp version, using either EXT:RUN-PROGRAM
or one of the EXT:MAKE-PIPE-* functions (in clisp).  At this point,
though, I'm talking out of my ass, because I haven't gotten that far
yet.

Also, I don't think there are any native Lisp XSLT processors.

See?  It was horrible!

Will.
From: jonathon
Will McCutchen wrote:
> > Do you provide xslt support in lisp? Or know of anyone who does?
>
> This is a horrible answer, but here it goes anyway.

I'll add another horrible answer as well.

My current app generates an XML report with xml-emitter.  The XSLT file
resides on the server, and is combined with the XML to produce a
nice-looking XHTML page.  I haven't gotten to the point of doing XSLT
from Lisp itself, but I don't see the benefits of that approach yet.
But one thing I've done is more AJAX than Lisp.  I use javascript on
the browser to do the XSL transformation.