From: jonathon
Subject: Reusable libraries in Lisp
Here's a question:

supposed I have 5 applications that all use the same rather large Lisp
library.  Do I have to build each app including that package?  Or is
there an easier way to have each of them refer to the same common
package as a dynamic library of sorts?
From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Reusable libraries in Lisp
"jonathon" <···········@bigfoot.com> writes:
> supposed I have 5 applications that all use the same rather large Lisp
> library.  Do I have to build each app including that package?  Or is
> there an easier way to have each of them refer to the same common
> package as a dynamic library of sorts?

Lisp code can be deployed under these forms:
- source files
- fasl files
- saved memory image

If load time is too long with fasl, or if you want to be able to use
this large library easily with a number of application, then use saved
memory images.