From: Ramza Brown
Subject: Lisp for java developers
I kind of write this little blog that basically is about me learning
lisp code and how a java developer might get interested in it.  This
latest one has pictures.

http://www.jroller.com/page/berlinbrown?entry=writing_quick_lisp_tools_and

Please ignore lispness of the code...(sigh)

--
Ramza from Atlanta
http://www.newspiritcompany.com

From: A.L.
Subject: Re: Lisp for java developers
On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 17:25:51 -0400, Ramza Brown
<············@gmail.com> wrote:

>I kind of write this little blog that basically is about me learning
>lisp code and how a java developer might get interested in it.

Why Java developer might be interested in it?...

A.L.
From: Marco Antoniotti
A.L. wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 17:25:51 -0400, Ramza Brown
> <············@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I kind of write this little blog that basically is about me learning
>>lisp code and how a java developer might get interested in it.
>

> Why Java developer might be interested in it?...

To be enlightened? :)

Cheers
--
Marco
From: Edi Weitz
On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 17:25:51 -0400, Ramza Brown <············@gmail.com> wrote:

> I kind of write this little blog that basically is about me learning
> lisp code and how a java developer might get interested in it.  This
> latest one has pictures.
>
> http://www.jroller.com/page/berlinbrown?entry=writing_quick_lisp_tools_and
>
> Please ignore lispness of the code...(sigh)

I haven't really looked at the code itself but it's definetly a
disservice to Lisp if you're publishing unindented code like in your
WALK-LIGHT function.  This'll only confirm the misconception of most
non-Lispers that Lisp is hard to read because of "all the
parentheses."  Let Emacs indent your code correctly or do it yourself
and only after that post it in your blog.

Thanks,
Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Ramza Brown
Edi Weitz wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 17:25:51 -0400, Ramza Brown <············@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I kind of write this little blog that basically is about me learning
>>lisp code and how a java developer might get interested in it.  This
>>latest one has pictures.
>>
>>http://www.jroller.com/page/berlinbrown?entry=writing_quick_lisp_tools_and
>>
>>Please ignore lispness of the code...(sigh)
>

> I haven't really looked at the code itself but it's definetly a
> disservice to Lisp if you're publishing unindented code like in your
> WALK-LIGHT function.  This'll only confirm the misconception of most
> non-Lispers that Lisp is hard to read because of "all the
> parentheses."  Let Emacs indent your code correctly or do it yourself
> and only after that post it in your blog.
>
> Thanks,
> Edi.

I did publish the indented code, the jroller service messes up pre and
syntax highlighting.  I have pictures and the full source highlighted.

http://www.newspiritcompany.com/imgs/simple_lisp_code.jpg
http://www.newspiritcompany.com/src/walk-files.lisp.html

From: Marco Antoniotti
Hi

you need to fix a number of things in your pages.

E.g.  what you call a "block comment" is actually a "documentation
string" which you can access with the DOCUMENTATION function.
Block comments in CL (properly nesting) are delimited by #| and |#

Cheers
--
Marco