From: Alexandre Irrthum
Subject: How to interrupt code evaluation in Slime
Hi there,

A newbie question: How do I interrupt the evaluation of some code in
slime-repl mode (using slime + clisp from Lisp in a Box under Windows)
? The slime manual says that C-c C-c (slime-interrupt) should interrupt
the Lisp process, but that doesn't seem to work. So, if my program is
trapped in an infinite loop, the only thing I can do now is to shut
down emacs.

Thanks for your help,

alex

From: Edi Weitz
Subject: Re: How to interrupt code evaluation in Slime
On 12 Aug 2005 10:27:29 -0700, "Alexandre Irrthum" <·················@yahoo.com> wrote:

> A newbie question: How do I interrupt the evaluation of some code in
> slime-repl mode (using slime + clisp from Lisp in a Box under
> Windows) ? The slime manual says that C-c C-c (slime-interrupt)
> should interrupt the Lisp process, but that doesn't seem to
> work. So, if my program is trapped in an infinite loop, the only
> thing I can do now is to shut down emacs.

Yes, that's a known issue for the CLISP/Windows combination.  See the
"PROBLEMS" file that comes with SLIME.  You could use another Lisp
compiler instead.

Cheers,
Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Dan Schmidt
Edi Weitz <········@agharta.de> writes:

| On 12 Aug 2005 10:27:29 -0700, "Alexandre Irrthum" <·················@yahoo.com> wrote:
|
|| A newbie question: How do I interrupt the evaluation of some code in
|| slime-repl mode (using slime + clisp from Lisp in a Box under
|| Windows) ? The slime manual says that C-c C-c (slime-interrupt)
|| should interrupt the Lisp process, but that doesn't seem to
|| work. So, if my program is trapped in an infinite loop, the only
|| thing I can do now is to shut down emacs.
|
| Yes, that's a known issue for the CLISP/Windows combination.  See the
| "PROBLEMS" file that comes with SLIME.  You could use another Lisp
| compiler instead.

What I have been doing with CLISP on Windows is to switch to the
*inferior-lisp* buffer and type C-c C-c there, which seems to work.
From: Blaino
'M-x slime' (Meta-X slime) seems to do the trick.  It stops running and
returns you the REPL prompt.

- Blaine