From: ··············@gmail.com
Subject: webserving
Hi.
I'd like to develope web applications in Common Lisp. At the moment I'm
using PHP and MySQL on Apache servers. I don't have access to a shell
on the server, and can probably only install a patch for apache, not a
full application. Is there any way I can do this, or am I totally
deluded? I've heard of mod_lisp, but it seems to require loads of extra
software installed, eg cmucl.

If there's no way of doing this under my current setup, does anyone
have any advice about webhosts that support lisp?

Thanks for your time

robbie

From: Paolo Amoroso
Subject: Re: webserving
···············@gmail.com" <··············@gmail.com> writes:

> If there's no way of doing this under my current setup, does anyone
> have any advice about webhosts that support lisp?

See:

  Lisp-friendly Web Hosting
  http://lisp.tech.coop/Lisp-friendly%20Web%20Hosting

Paolo
Recommended Common Lisp libraries/tools:
- ASDF/ASDF-INSTALL: system building/installation
- CL-PPCRE: regular expressions
- UFFI: Foreign Function Interface
From: André Thieme
··············@gmail.com schrieb:
> Hi.
> I'd like to develope web applications in Common Lisp. At the moment I'm
> using PHP and MySQL on Apache servers. I don't have access to a shell
> on the server, and can probably only install a patch for apache, not a
> full application. Is there any way I can do this, or am I totally
> deluded? I've heard of mod_lisp, but it seems to require loads of extra
> software installed, eg cmucl.
>
> If there's no way of doing this under my current setup, does anyone
> have any advice about webhosts that support lisp?

Just visit google and search for "root server" or "dedicated server".
There should be offers starting at 20-25$ per month for your own server
with ssh access where you can install anything you want.
You could use for example cmucl + Portable AllegroServe + bknr.

Andr�
From: ··············@gmail.com
thanks guys. Your help is much appreciated