From: ·········@gmail.com
Subject: Networking in CL?
Is there any kind of networking standard for Common Lisp so that I can
write networking code and be at least somewhat confident that it will
run on different Lisps?  Is there some library that abstracts away the
differences in implementation?

Bill

From: Frederic
Subject: Re: Networking in CL?
On 2005-08-09, ·········@gmail.com <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any kind of networking standard for Common Lisp so that I can
> write networking code and be at least somewhat confident that it will
> run on different Lisps?  Is there some library that abstracts away the
> differences in implementation?

You can use PORT�:

  http://clocc.sourceforge.net/dist/port.html

--
 Frederic
From: Christophe Rhodes
Frederic <····@clipper.ens.fr> writes:

> On 2005-08-09, ·········@gmail.com <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there any kind of networking standard for Common Lisp so that I can
>> write networking code and be at least somewhat confident that it will
>> run on different Lisps?  Is there some library that abstracts away the
>> differences in implementation?
>
> You can use PORT :
>
>   http://clocc.sourceforge.net/dist/port.html

I'm not remotely confident that that runs on different Lisps.

<http://www.cliki.net/trivial-sockets> would be where I'd suggest you
start.

Christophe
From: John DeSoi
·········@gmail.com wrote:
> Is there any kind of networking standard for Common Lisp so that I can
> write networking code and be at least somewhat confident that it will
> run on different Lisps?  Is there some library that abstracts away the
> differences in implementation?
>
> Bill

The acl-compat library included with Portable AllegroServe has a fairly
complete abstraction for networking with many different Lisp
implementations supported.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL