From: fireblade
Subject: My support for Fetter FFI
I just wanted to  post here my support of FetterFFI as this project
would be great resource for those in Lisp community interested of
integration of Common Lisp & C++ . I'm playing with DirectX now and
would be very happy to embed Lisp
as a scripting language.

http://www.alphageeksinc.com/cgi-bin/lispnyc.cgi?FetterFfi
bobi

From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Re: My support for Fetter FFI
fireblade wrote:

> I just wanted to  post here my support of FetterFFI as this project
> would be great resource for those in Lisp community interested of
> integration of Common Lisp & C++ .

I do not want to steal Rayiner's thunder, but there should be a relevant
  announcement today.

One clarification: Verrazano (ne Fetter) has two objectives. The first
is to generate bindings automatically from a C header file, the second
is to provide Lisp/C++ integration.

We could also use your support for CFFI-Luis, which is kinda marrying
CFFI, UFFI, and Hello-C to achieve a truly universal FFI.

This is all Google Summercode, btw.

--
Kenny

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state
I finally won out over it."
     Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey", 1950
From: Marco Antoniotti
Kenny Tilton wrote:

> fireblade wrote:
>
>> I just wanted to  post here my support of FetterFFI as this project
>> would be great resource for those in Lisp community interested of
>> integration of Common Lisp & C++ .
>

> I do not want to steal Rayiner's thunder, but there should be a relevant
>  announcement today.
>
> One clarification: Verrazano
                           ^

You are missing a #\z.  It should be "Verrazzano" :)

Cheers
--
Marco
From: Thomas F. Burdick
Marco Antoniotti <·······@cs.nyu.edu> writes:

> Kenny Tilton wrote:
> >

> > fireblade wrote:
> >
> >> I just wanted to  post here my support of FetterFFI as this project
> >> would be great resource for those in Lisp community interested of
> >> integration of Common Lisp & C++ .
> >

> > I do not want to steal Rayiner's thunder, but there should be a relevant
> >  announcement today.
> >
> > One clarification: Verrazano
>                            ^
> You are missing a #\z.  It should be "Verrazzano" :)

Oy, naming a Lisp package after an inconsistently spelled family name!
You know that's going to require twice the Google juice, right :-)

--
           /|_     .-----------------------.
         ,'  .\  / | Free Mumia Abu-Jamal! |
From: Kenny Tilton
Thomas F. Burdick wrote:

> Marco Antoniotti <·······@cs.nyu.edu> writes:
>

>>Kenny Tilton wrote:

>>>I do not want to steal Rayiner's thunder, but there should be a relevant
>>> announcement today.
>>>
>>>One clarification: Verrazano
>>
>>                           ^
>>You are missing a #\z.  It should be "Verrazzano" :)
>

> Oy, naming a Lisp package after an inconsistently spelled family name!
> You know that's going to require twice the Google juice, right :-)

And to think I encouraged rayiner to go public so he could benefit from
the deep technological insights of this august assembly. <sigh>

:)

From: Thomas F. Burdick

> And to think I encouraged rayiner to go public so he could benefit from
> the deep technological insights of this august assembly. <sigh>
>
> :)

Right, august is a bad time ... two days left until vacation
... September will be better :-)

--
           /|_     .-----------------------.
         ,'  .\  / | Free Mumia Abu-Jamal! |
From: Kenny Tilton
Marco Antoniotti wrote:

> Kenny Tilton wrote:
>

>> fireblade wrote:
>>
>>> I just wanted to  post here my support of FetterFFI as this project
>>> would be great resource for those in Lisp community interested of
>>> integration of Common Lisp & C++ .
>>

>> I do not want to steal Rayiner's thunder, but there should be a
>> relevant  announcement today.
>>
>> One clarification: Verrazano
>
>                           ^
>
> You are missing a #\z.  It should be "Verrazzano" :)

Tell it to the bridge. Well, the Narrows:

     http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/bandt/html/veraz.htm

:)

From: Marco Antoniotti
Kenny Tilton wrote:

> Marco Antoniotti wrote:
>

>> Kenny Tilton wrote:

>>> I do not want to steal Rayiner's thunder, but there should be a
>>> relevant  announcement today.
>>>
>>> One clarification: Verrazano
>>

>>                           ^
>>
>> You are missing a #\z.  It should be "Verrazzano" :)
>

> Tell it to the bridge. Well, the Narrows:
>
>     http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/bandt/html/veraz.htm
>
> :)

They are still wrong :)  Google "Verrazzano" :)

Cheers
--
Marco
From: Peter Seibel
Marco Antoniotti <·······@cs.nyu.edu> writes:

> Kenny Tilton wrote:
>> Marco Antoniotti wrote:

>>>                           ^
>>>
>>> You are missing a #\z.  It should be "Verrazzano" :)
>> Tell it to the bridge. Well, the Narrows:
>>     http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/bandt/html/veraz.htm
>> :)
>
> They are still wrong :)  Google "Verrazzano" :)

<http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=%22Verrazano+Narrows+Bridge%22&word2=%22Verrazzano+Narrows+Bridge%22>

-Peter

--
Peter Seibel           * ·····@gigamonkeys.com
From: Marco Antoniotti
Peter Seibel wrote:

>>>Tell it to the bridge. Well, the Narrows:
>>>    http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/bandt/html/veraz.htm
>>>:)
>>
>>They are still wrong :)  Google "Verrazzano" :)
>

> <http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=%22Verrazano+Narrows+Bridge%22&word2=%22Verrazzano+Narrows+Bridge%22>

Very cute. :) I suppose people at Google eat "fettucini alfredo", don't
they ? :) :)

Cheers
--
Marco
From: R. Mattes
On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 16:48:58 +0000, Peter Seibel wrote:

>> They are still wrong :)  Google "Verrazzano" :)
>
> <http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=%22Verrazano+Narrows+Bridge%22&word2=%22Verrazzano+Narrows+Bridge%22>

Their interpreter must trigger the Pentium bug, all calculations seem to
be wrong. See for example:

 <http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=LISP&word2=Python>

Clearly the results a wrong :-)

 RalfD
From: fireblade
R. Mattes wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 16:48:58 +0000, Peter Seibel wrote:
> Their interpreter must trigger the Pentium bug, all calculations seem to
> be wrong. See for example:
>
>  <http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=LISP&word2=Python>
>
> Clearly the results a wrong :-)
>
>  RalfD
>  > -Peter

Python has  at least 3  meanings :
python (in zoology), Python (mythology), python (movie)
and when you mention Python to non-programming people
they usually think "snake" ,so this fight doesn't make
sence something better would be
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=LISP+programming&word2=Python+programming

BTW
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=scheme&word2=Python+
From: Peter Seibel
"fireblade" <········@YAHOO.COM> writes:

> R. Mattes wrote:
>> On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 16:48:58 +0000, Peter Seibel wrote:
>> Their interpreter must trigger the Pentium bug, all calculations seem to
>> be wrong. See for example:
>>
>>  <http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=LISP&word2=Python>
>>
>> Clearly the results a wrong :-)
>>
>>  RalfD
>>  > -Peter
>
> Python has at least 3 meanings : python (in zoology), Python
> (mythology), python (movie) and when you mention Python to
> non-programming people they usually think "snake" ,so this fight
> doesn't make sence something better would be
> http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=LISP+programming&word2=Python+programming

Yeah, but there's still the issue of *what* they're saying about Lisp
programming and Python programming. This search fixes that: ;-)

  <http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Lisp+programming+sucks&word2=Python+programming+sucks>

-Peter

--
Peter Seibel           * ·····@gigamonkeys.com
From: fireblade
Thanks  for pointing Kenny, i would keep an eye on all 3 projects .
But even if integrating Lisp would be impossible (for someon ewith my
skill)
i'm still sure that Lisp will give me a nice boost .