From: pelewin
Subject: PAIP rave/plug
As I'm only moderately interested in AI programming, I haven't looked
at "Paradigms of Artificial Intelligence Programming" by Peter Norvig
before.

Well, I've looked at it now, and I like what I see.  For one thing, it
demonstrate very well how Lisp excels in reducing the complexity of
problems.  I code way too much Pascal/C/C++-style when I try to code
Lisp, so I hope some of this book rubs off on me.

To sum up, I'm all "ooh oOh oh, god, Yesss!" like Meg Ryan in "When
Harry met Sally", and if you want to have what I'm having, I really
recommend a look at PAIP.
From: ········@gmail.com
Subject: Re: PAIP rave/plug
pelewin wrote:
> As I'm only moderately interested in AI programming, I haven't looked
> at "Paradigms of Artificial Intelligence Programming" by Peter Norvig
> before.
>
> Well, I've looked at it now, and I like what I see.  For one thing, it
> demonstrate very well how Lisp excels in reducing the complexity of
> problems.  I code way too much Pascal/C/C++-style when I try to code
> Lisp, so I hope some of this book rubs off on me.
>
> To sum up, I'm all "ooh oOh oh, god, Yesss!" like Meg Ryan in "When
> Harry met Sally", and if you want to have what I'm having, I really
> recommend a look at PAIP.

But she was *faking it*.  ;)

marc