From: Pascal Costanza
Subject: [ANN] Closer Project: new software versions
Hi,

New versions of MOP Feature Tests and Closer to MOP are available. MOP
Feature Tests checks whether CLOS MOP features, as specified in "The Art
of the Metaobject Protocol", are available in a given Common Lisp
implementation. Closer to MOP provides a compatibility layer that irons
out some of the incompatibilities across various CLOS MOP implementations.

Highlights of the new versions:

- A number of new implementations are now supported, including Allegro
Common Lisp 7.0, CLisp 2.34, CMU CL 19b, LispWorks Professional 4.4.5,
Macintosh Common Lisp 5.1, OpenMCL 0.14.3 and SBCL 0.9.3.

- The software is now available as a set of darcs repositories.

- Various fixes in Closer to MOP.

- Added a convenience method ensure-method.

- Switched to an MIT/BSD-style license.

I am using the Closer to MOP compatibility layer for my own software,
which consists of non-trivial extensions of CLOS. This has led to
overall improvements of stability.

See the project website at http://common-lisp.net/project/closer/ for
further details.

Cheers,
Pascal

--
In computer science, we stand on each other's feet. - Brian K. Reid