From: Alexandre Irrthum
Subject: emacs tutorial missing in Lisp in a Box
Dear Lispers,

I am new to both Lisp and emacs and started studying Peter Seibel's
"Practical Common Lisp" book. I've installed Lisp in a Box under
Windows. The emacs tutorial file seems to be missing from the
distribution (as are the FAQs and info files). Should be in C:\Program
files\LispBox\emacs\etc\TUTORIAL, but there is nothing there. Is there
a place where I can grab these files (emacs version is GNU Emacs 21.3.1
- i386-mingw-nt5.0.2195) ? The issue has been raised before in this
newsgroup but I have found no answer.

Thanks,

alex

From: ···············@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: emacs tutorial missing in Lisp in a Box
Call me a memory waster, but I'd just install a copy of emacs in a
separate place.  Then type
ctrl-h    t
to view the tutorial.

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html
From: Ulrich Hobelmann
Alexandre Irrthum wrote:
> Dear Lispers,
>
> I am new to both Lisp and emacs and started studying Peter Seibel's
> "Practical Common Lisp" book. I've installed Lisp in a Box under
> Windows. The emacs tutorial file seems to be missing from the
> distribution (as are the FAQs and info files). Should be in C:\Program
> files\LispBox\emacs\etc\TUTORIAL, but there is nothing there. Is there
> a place where I can grab these files (emacs version is GNU Emacs 21.3.1
> - i386-mingw-nt5.0.2195) ? The issue has been raised before in this
> newsgroup but I have found no answer.

Have you tried looking inside emacs under the Help->Tutorial menu?
(or Control-h t)

--
Given the choice between dancing pigs and security,
users will pick dancing pigs every time.
From: Eric Lavigne
>Have you tried looking inside emacs under the Help->Tutorial menu?
>(or Control-h t)

I have the same issue with my windows installation of LispBox.
Selecting tutorial from the help menu leads to a missing file error. As
Alexandre said, this issue has come up before without resolution. It is
strange that LispBox would be built on a stripped down version of
Emacs. Maybe someone figured that help files took up too much space?
Does LispBox come with help files if installed on Linux or Mac? We
should probably drop a note about this on the LispBox mailing list.

Eric